Northbound Alaska, Millenium

lovetotraveltx

When at sea between ports, except when approaching a port you are almost always way too far out to see land except a few gray mountaintops on the far horizon. 

only when I know the harbor entry does it matter. For example, San Juan for Caribbean cruises I’d pick portside to see the fort. For Alaska, I don’t really remember any ‘side’ being special. 

den 

Edited by Denny01

Yes, starboard will let you see the land view.  One of the jewels of the sailing from Vancouver is the inside passage.  this is very scenic.  I would secure a seat at the front of the lounge to enjoy this view from both sides.

Enjoy your cruise.

3 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Yes, starboard will let you see the land view.  One of the jewels of the sailing from Vancouver is the inside passage.  this is very scenic.  I would secure a seat at the front of the lounge to enjoy this view from both sides.

Enjoy your cruise.

Agree the Inside Passage is neat, but thought both sides had great views and agree it’s good to enjoy it as you described. But general sailing and being on a balcony, it isn’t a biggie which side, my view. 

We have traveled the Inside Passage both northbound and southbound on Millie. Northbound starboard would be slightly preferable but not by much. The passage is narrow enough you will have excellent views on both sides. Get a balcony as high up as you can or get.  We prefer being under the large overhang on Millie to stay out of the sun.

8B6B2EF5-A08D-4A3B-BBDE-3B5195E48548.jpeg

We also have done both north and south bound Alaska cruises -- which other passengers find so amusing since we live in Alaska.  But I don't have much of a preference either.  In addition to the front lounge another great location to hang out is in the Ocean View Cafe (obviously not during peak dining times).

• Like 1