SS Ariadne 1969 Brochure

I remember the Ariadne and that brochure.  I am certain that I had that brochure at one time.  Never sailed on her, but, 1969 was the year before my first cruise and I was shopping and trying to decide on which cruise I would book.  

On 1/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, Trish Traveler said:

I forgot to add the "typical Dinner menu".  Nostalgic reading through this

Indeed, it is interesting to read these old menus.  Often, I see items that I wonder--what is that?  Like these:  Imperial Dressing,  Black Bottom Cream Pie, Anchovies stuffed with capers (how does one do that?).  Remembering that this menu was not from Queen Mary or others like her, the Ariadne was offering her guests cuisine that exceeds in variety what most cruise ships don't do in 2022.  

What beautiful documents of the time - thanks for posting!

She was always a cozy gem during her live span.

I remember my first brochure about her by CHANDRIS in 1977, when she was managed as Hotelship for business people in Dubai.

Dubai was in this times really “origin” and all the infrastructure of the “city” was at the beginning.

Her hole career before and after is best detailed described in Reuben Goosens website:

http://ssmaritime.com/SS-Patricia.htm

source picture: ebay international

BON VIVANT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is late for this thread but I just found it. My grandparents lived in Ft Lauderdale from the 50s through the 80s. As a 12 year old in the mid 60s my family took the 4 day cruise from Port Everglades to Nassau and Freeport. 

I can even visualize the dining room in the brochure above. I remember all you could eat lobster and all of the waiters coming in to the darkened dining room at the same time with flaming baked Alaska. 

I even remember meeting a cute 11 year girl who was my shipboard companion for most of the trip (and a big crush)!

Although I was fortunate to be on a nice little cruise so young, it took me to retirement and currently being on the Emerald Princess to take my next cruise, which I’m quite enjoying. 

Thanks for rekindling some wonderful memories!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...