NCL FCC will expire

cruizegal1

Just putting this out there. Be aware you must spend your fcc before it expires on January 31,2022. It doesn’t matter when you are sailing. I was informed by a NCL reservations rep that it will be gone if not applied to a reservation for 2022 and doesn’t matter when final payment is due. Please call them if you have any questions before it expires. Use it before you lose it.

20 minutes ago, cruizegal1 said:

Just putting this out there. Be aware you must spend your fcc before it expires on January 31,2022. It doesn’t matter when you are sailing. I was informed by a NCL reservations rep that it will be gone if not applied to a reservation for 2022 and doesn’t matter when final payment is due. Please call them if you have any questions before it expires. Use it before you lose it.

I had heard the same thing from my TA when I canceled my April cruise which I had used about $6800 FCC so I applied it to my October cruise. 

3 minutes ago, nicoleinwi said:

Does anyone remember where to look online for your balance of FCC? I thought we used ours up but wanted to verify.

If you have any FCC, you can see it when  logging in to your NCL account. It should be listed on the bottom right side of the screen, below the list of cruise(s) booked. If you have an unused CruiseNext voucher, that should be listed there as well. And if you don't have any FCC or unused CruiseNext, then there is simply no list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

If you have any FCC, you can see it when  logging in to your NCL account. It should be listed on the bottom right side of the screen, below the list of cruise(s) booked. If you have an unused CruiseNext voucher, that should be listed there as well. And if you don't have any FCC or unused CruiseNext, then there is simply no list.

If your spouse also has some FCC you also can check on his/her balance if you already have a future cruise reservation on your account.  Just click on "Make a Payment" then scroll down to "Your Available Rewards."  It will show all the FCC, Cruise Next, or any other available credits held by anyone who is booked on your reservation.

• Like 2

We have a 25% FCC from an earlier cancellation that we must use by the end of January.  Our issue is that NCL has yet to post our credits from the most recent cancellation due to Covid.  

We are getting the runaround.  I was told by one representative that since NCL canceled us more than twice due to various issues with Covid and moving ships around that under the Peace of Mind program we would actually be able to request a refund of the initial amount we paid wwwwaaaaayyyyyy back in 2019 for our 2020 cruise.

I spoke to a supervisor this morning in their Resolutions Department because our credits are still not showing and he told me that we ARE NOT able to request a refund.  It's getting very frustrating.

good reminder here; thanks!

but just a clarification:  not all FCC expires on january 31, 2022. if you have some that expires on that date, by all means use it or lose it. but if you invoked POM later last year - or if a cruise was canceled -  you may have FCC with a much later expiration date.

• Thanks 1

How long does it take to have FCC listed? Our cruise on the Breakaway was cancelled on the 16th and there is nothing there. I got an email telling me they credited back $500.00 of the $11,239.00 dollars that I paid. We called and was told they would credit me right away the refund but still have not seen anything. They did re credit my cruise next that I have had for 3 years but no money back and I do not see the 20% discount for a future cruise listed anywhere. 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, UKstages said:

good reminder here; thanks!

but just a clarification:  not all FCC expires on january 31, 2022. if you have some that expires on that date, by all means use it or lose it. but if you invoked POM later last year - or if a cruise was canceled -  you may have FCC with a much later expiration date.

We took POM last week and have ours in our latitude accounts as of today.

Does not expire until Dec 31, 2022 for us.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, jetact said:

How long does it take to have FCC listed? Our cruise on the Breakaway was cancelled on the 16th and there is nothing there. I got an email telling me they credited back $500.00 of the $11,239.00 dollars that I paid. We called and was told they would credit me right away the refund but still have not seen anything. They did re credit my cruise next that I have had for 3 years but no money back and I do not see the 20% discount for a future cruise listed anywhere. 

Three cabins in my group got their FCCs last Friday. They expire 12/31/22. 
My TA had to call about the 20% discount as it was not listed anywhere, even on her end. 

4 hours ago, bigrednole said:

I think there are two types of FCC now. The OP is talking about FCCs from the covid era in 2020 and 2021. Others have posted about the new type of FCC for cruises that were recently canceled (late 2021 and early 2022). 

Gotcha. Makes sense!

We canceled our March cruise a few days ago and immediately  3 different credits appeared on our accounts that expires 12/31/22. These were the extra 25% they gave us when our first cruise was cancelled by NCL. My PCC said the FCC should appear in our accounts in the next few days, but from what I have read on these forums it could be longer than a few days. I want to book a cruise for October 2022, pay the deposit, use the credits I have before they expire and apply the FCC when it hits my account. My PCC who was excellent quit and my new PCC does not sound confident when I asked if I could do this. He said I should wait for the FCC to get into my account. Has anyone here paid the deposit for a later cruise, then applied the FCC?

NCL just sank to a new low. They called me back (Sydney office) saying there was no news on my Dawn cruise cancellation (requested on the phone Tuesday) as yet and they will call me back Monday (FCC deadline date). The manager would not even speak to me. Monday of nothing...

Bear in mind it is pointless for me to apply for a refund unless the FCC is returned to the account, because I cannot apply for a refund until the FCC is totally freed up. Bear in mind I have no evidence whatsoever that they actually cancelled my cruise booking and are processing the FCC return - no email ... nothing. For all I know they could be spinning a yarn and waiting for the deadline to pass. The customer service rep (and I use that term exceptionally loosely) seemed quite blasé about the whole situation. 

All the while they seem very comfortable to have customers twisting in the wind, worrying about their money being stolen by NCL.

That they take a booking in one country (Australia), have to process FCC through another (UK) and then refund you through a third (USA) is absolutely ludicrous.

14 hours ago, kernie968 said:

We canceled our March cruise a few days ago and immediately  3 different credits appeared on our accounts that expires 12/31/22. These were the extra 25% they gave us when our first cruise was cancelled by NCL. My PCC said the FCC should appear in our accounts in the next few days, but from what I have read on these forums it could be longer than a few days. I want to book a cruise for October 2022, pay the deposit, use the credits I have before they expire and apply the FCC when it hits my account. My PCC who was excellent quit and my new PCC does not sound confident when I asked if I could do this. He said I should wait for the FCC to get into my account. Has anyone here paid the deposit for a later cruise, then applied the FCC?

Yes we did this.

- We cancelled on Wednesday, rebooked the same cruise on Saturday (for a Nov '22 sailing).

- We then purchased and used the Cruise First certificate as the deposit (paid $250 and got a credit for $500).

- Then once we got our FCC on the following Wednesday, we applied the total toward the new cruise. 

This worked out well for us since the new cruise was a bit more expensive

Edited by bortman23
  • Like 1

I wish I hadn't seen this we "rescheduled" our cruise twice. So we never got fcc for cancelation and both times it was relates to Covid (kids needed to be vaccinated). As soon as our 5 year old could get hers we bumped it up. It wasn't our fault we couldn't go. It's a nasty loophole. No benefit for changing plans but a benefit for canceling!? We even changed the type of trip once.. (different itinerary). Sigh. 

8 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

I wish I hadn't seen this we "rescheduled" our cruise twice. So we never got fcc for cancelation and both times it was relates to Covid (kids needed to be vaccinated). As soon as our 5 year old could get hers we bumped it up. It wasn't our fault we couldn't go. It's a nasty loophole. No benefit for changing plans but a benefit for canceling!? We even changed the type of trip once.. (different itinerary). Sigh. 

The benefits are only if ncl cancels the cruise, not if the customer does.  

We recently learned that our FCC could be converted to a monetary refund.   We applied and got an email saying that upon preliminary review, we qualify for the monetary refund but it needs to go through another round of review.  But now its 3 days from our FCC expiring.  Do you think they just sent this letter to get us to not use the FCC and then after 1/31 they will say "sorry, you don't qualify" and at that point we will have lost our FCC?

The exact language in the letter is "we are pleased to inform you that your reservation xxxxxxxxx preliminarily meet the refund criteria and have been submitted for further review as all refund requests are subject to additional review prior to approval."

9 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

Did u not read what Kernie898 or something said!? More than one person said it.

Yes, I did.  More than one person has said what, exactly?  The only benefit is getting an extra 25% back in future cruise credit.  They got back the 25% that was given to them because their FIRST a cruise was cancelled by ncl.  That got carried forward when they cancelled the next cruise.  That is not your situation.  No one that cancelled their cruise by their own choice got a 25% bonus credit.  No need to be a jerk. 
Getting fcc for the amount that was paid up to 2 weeks after the fact is not a benefit.  Maybe I’m not understanding your situation, but when you rescheduled, you applied the amount you had paid immediately to the new cruise, correct?

Edited by Dvrgrl38

20 hours ago, firstimerhaven said:

We recently learned that our FCC could be converted to a monetary refund.   We applied and got an email saying that upon preliminary review, we qualify for the monetary refund but it needs to go through another round of review.  But now its 3 days from our FCC expiring.  Do you think they just sent this letter to get us to not use the FCC and then after 1/31 they will say "sorry, you don't qualify" and at that point we will have lost our FCC?

The exact language in the letter is "we are pleased to inform you that your reservation xxxxxxxxx preliminarily meet the refund criteria and have been submitted for further review as all refund requests are subject to additional review prior to approval."

Someone posted on CC Forum that if your approval / refund was denied and by this time the FCC expired, you would need to send in like an appeal or request for the FCC to be reinstated.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:34 AM, Dvrgrl38 said:

Yes, I did.  More than one person has said what, exactly?  The only benefit is getting an extra 25% back in future cruise credit.  They got back the 25% that was given to them because their FIRST a cruise was cancelled by ncl.  That got carried forward when they cancelled the next cruise.  That is not your situation.  No one that cancelled their cruise by their own choice got a 25% bonus credit.  No need to be a jerk. 
Getting fcc for the amount that was paid up to 2 weeks after the fact is not a benefit.  Maybe I’m not understanding your situation, but when you rescheduled, you applied the amount you had paid immediately to the new cruise, correct?

Yes. Immediately. 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:59 AM, UKstages said:

On 1/26/2022 at 3:12 AM, bigrednole said:

I think there are two types of FCC now. The OP is talking about FCCs from the covid era in 2020 and 2021. Others have posted about the new type of FCC for cruises that were recently canceled (late 2021 and early 2022). 

Good points.  I've lost track of how many flavors of FCC I have floating around.  I never fell for the "you can have your cash back or 125% of its value in magic FCC beans."  It's just cruises that NCL cancelled.  I think I have three 10% discounts.  I can only see one that expires on 2/16.  If I apply that, I won't see the others until I either cruise or cancel.  If I don't apply it, I think it will expire and I'll then see one expiring in March.  Wash, rinse, repeat....  I believe that all of those need to be applied to cruises sailing before Dec 31 2022.  I also have a 10% SUNOFF promo from a cancelling of a Sun sailing in October.  IIRC, that one needs to be applied by Sep 2022 and is good for sailings through 2023.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:24 AM, kernie968 said:

Has anyone here paid the deposit for a later cruise, then applied the FCC?

I would just make the deposit and find out.  You can always get a refund.  Even if somebody did this today, it might not work in two weeks.

Wife got a reminder email saying our remaining 60$ some odd in FCC would expire Jan 31st (tomorrow.)  So I called NCL to see what our options were for using this on our May booking.  Just got off the phone with a rather impatient NCL rep who said they were told just this morning that this date would be extended to the end of the year.  

She said our only options were to apply it to either prepaid gratuities, shore excursions, or wifi.  She said she noted on our account that she told us this, said multiple times that we still had time to decide what to do with it even after I said I wanted to just go ahead and do prepaid gratuities and get it done, and then we "got disconnected somehow."  

Nothing like leaving it to the eleventh hour. NCL finally called to say the POM FCC was re-credited to our accounts. We now have 100% in there and can apply for the the monetary refund ... on the last day of FCC (at least in the Australian time zone).