Navigator app issues

tannes

Just wanted to ask if others have had issues with the Navigator app? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still had problems with it not working. For those with working versions, how helpful is it to have while cruising? Not sure it's worth messing with it any more.

Same.  Not working today.  Uninstalled, reinstalled.  Loads and comes up with blank, white page.  I gave up.  Don't cruise until June.  They may have it fixed by then.  Hopefully, the apps for Carnival, X, and MSC all work for me before I have to deal with the Navigator app again. 😁

If you have an Android phone and Navigator is not working do this in order - uninstall - reinstall the app - go to settings - scroll down and select apps - scroll down and select the navigator app - select Storage - at the bottom of the page you will see clear data and clear cache - clear both - back out to the main screen - select the app - you will need to log back in with your id and password and you should be good to go.    If you have an iPhone uninstall - reinstall usually works. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We had no need for the ap while we sailed last fall.  All activities are listed on the when and where delivered every evening for the next day, the MDR and all other restaurants have menus handed to you when you walk in, and no problem ordering from dive-in--walk right up and order, get a beeper and sit wherever you like while you wait for your order to be prepared.  No fooling around spending all your time looking down at your phone instead of looking out enjoying the sea and other folks on board.  Don't need aggravation of a poorly-working ap--I'm on vacation!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SueMo said:

order burgers at Dive In and pizza at NY Pizza and watch everybody else stand in line.  

After boarding and flashing our boarding pass, we found this to be the one and only use for us of the Navigator....and it's convenient and easy......

But you could just park your phone in the in cabin safe and take a break from technology and do just fine.

23 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

If you have an Android phone and Navigator is not working do this in order - uninstall - reinstall the app - go to settings - scroll down and select apps - scroll down and select the navigator app - select Storage - at the bottom of the page you will see clear data and clear cache - clear both - back out to the main screen - select the app - you will need to log back in with your id and password and you should be good to go.    If you have an iPhone uninstall - reinstall usually works. 

Thanks for the instructions.  I've been having this problem for a few days and your information got it working again.

I had serious issues with the Navigator app when I was on Rotterdam in December. Discovered I did not need it. Every night we got a printed schedule. I had prebooked my reservations at all four specialty dining venues and MDR. I got know the hostess at the MDR and she seated at the same table every night. We any "Any time" dining. I booked one shore excursion on board and got a paper ticket when I asked for one.

Jim