Aurora To Bypass Manila

SY7DNEY CRUISER

Due To Security Concerns The Aurora Will Not Stop At Manilla During Her World Cruise She Will Arrive In Hong Kong One Day Early At 1pm On Sunday 26th Feb 2006

Thank you for this information,but from what source are you getting it?

A lot of the crew are from the Phillipines and one reason Aurora calls at Manilla is for a crew change.

I Travelled From Sydney To Darwin On The Aurora The First Day Out Of Sydney A Letter Was Delivered To The Cabins From The Captain To Announce That Due To Advice From The Security Department In London The Call To Manila Was Cancelled. The Oriana Was Due To Call At Darwin On Her Way To Before The Aurora This Call May Have Also Been Cancelled By P&o.

Kiwi

You have a good point. We were in Manila off the Golden Odyssey way back in 11-86, and my wife got patted down/frisked twice near the Presidential Palace. I was with her, but they didn't bother me.

Guess she looked like the "Terrorist of the Day".

Hi Mike,

Manilla is certainly a port where you have to keep your wits about you.We called on Arcadia in 98 and did our own thing,but did not venture too far from the ship.Visited the old Fort OK,then got ripped off for a taxi ride to the Presidential Palace,only to find it was closed after the taxi had vanished and had to make our own way back to the ship on foot through deserted streets crawling with armed soldiers .Spent the rest of the day on board poolside with a great view of Manilla Bay.One of those ports where a ships tour is probably in order,as those who took the tour were ushered into the palace via a back gate and got to see everything,while the public gates remained closed.

David.

Archived