Allure Jan 16 Cruise - Just Finished 6 Day Western

Just completed our 6 Day Voyage on the Allure from FLL.  Some of our experiences below, happy to try to respond to specific questions if helpful:

1.  Stayed in Crown Loft Suite:  accommodations were excellent, suite lounge and coastal kitchen were great - concierge team was excellent and knowledgeable

2.  Ship was ~ 1/3 occupied (based on feedback from crew), there was ample space for everyone

3.   Staff and crew were GREAT!  Everyone we met with RCI was helpful and was glad to be cruising again - very attentive to our requests and questions.

4.  Embarkation and Disembarkation were efficient (embarkation took about 20 min, while disembarkation took about 30 min)

5.  Health and Safety Protocols were solid and adhered to - no issues or concerns with people wearing masks etc.

6.  Shows had ample space and it was easy to space out between guests.

7.  No issues with visiting any of the ports (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan)

8.  Booked our next cruise on board and received OBC - would recommend if you know you are sailing again.

9.  Drove to the port , easy to Park at Port Everglades and easy to leave the terminal at the conclusion of our cruise (left our room at 7:15 AM and was on the road by 7:45 AM)

10.  Ship was in good shape and well maintained.

In summary, great cruise - would recommend Allure to anyone looking to cruise on an Oasis class ship.

• Like 11

On 1/23/2022 at 8:26 PM, homedepot124 said:

What was the status of Mama Mia on your cruise?  The full show or just the concert with the music from the show?  Thanks.

We saw the whole show. I believe there were at least three shows scheduled and as far as I know all performances took place.

The show was fantastic.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SG65CB said:

The ship was 1/3 full, what did you notice with suites, suite lounge, and Coastal Kitchen? Similar reduced numbers, or were they full?

We had 12 (we did a B2B) dinners @5:30-6:00  and a couple of breakfasts at Coastal and it was never full. Only waited a short time once because we wanted a window.

Same with the lounge, never saw it full at the various times we stopped by.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in this cruise as well.  I believe it is Captain Ron. Samba grill was not open.  RCL did a great job all around.  Having been on allure 2 previous times the only thing I noticed were a few dining options weren’t available.  Entertainment was great. Service was great.  Ship 1/3 full was amazing. 

• Like 2

On the same sailing . . . 2322 pax on board. Felt like a ghost town sometimes.

Mamma Mia and Aqua Show were a go, Ice show was a modified version due to some  cast members in quarantine. Our Asst Waiter disappeared into quarantine the second last evening. WJ, Samba closed for dinner. Solarium Bistro open only for a continental breakfast. There were a number of venues that had live music, but no band at the pool deck.

I noticed in particular a couple of bars, most notable the Schooner Bar,  were understaffed and waited a long time to be served.

I will be on Allure Feb 13th and am trying to figure out what to pack. I was on Harmony in November and was comfortable in sleeveless tops/dresses. As well as enjoying warm beaches and water except ocean a bit chilly at CocoCay.  I would love any info you can provide about inside venues and outside evenings. I don’t want to pack long sleeves and a lightweight jacket if not needed. TIA!

9 hours ago, lieslt said:

I will be on Allure Feb 13th and am trying to figure out what to pack. I was on Harmony in November and was comfortable in sleeveless tops/dresses. As well as enjoying warm beaches and water except ocean a bit chilly at CocoCay.  I would love any info you can provide about inside venues and outside evenings. I don’t want to pack long sleeves and a lightweight jacket if not needed. TIA!

I'm on the same sailing.  I always pack the same. On the ship the temps should be pretty much the same.  Ports will probably be nice and warm since it is further south.  I would pack a lightweight jacket just in case you never know what is going to happen with the weather.  

I am sailing on this same itinerary this Sunday and I have a few questions.  On my ap, the dining menu has nothing on Day 2 and has an additional day 7 for this 6 night cruise.  Did you guys have the menu with the lobster?  

Could you please tell us what you did in Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya?  I am wondering if the water is warm enough for snorkeling.  This Southern girl does not like cold water🥶

Thank you!!

22 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Do you by any chance have copies of the cruise planners you can post?

5 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Could one of you guys please post a copy of the cruise compass? thanks!

We were on the sailing last week and they did not print out the cruise compasses.  I asked about it and they said everything is on the app.  

Different then our 4 sailings last year on Adventure and Odyssey.  Both of those ships still delivered the Compass to the room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bananas27 said:

I am sailing on this same itinerary this Sunday and I have a few questions.  On my ap, the dining menu has nothing on Day 2 and has an additional day 7 for this 6 night cruise.  Did you guys have the menu with the lobster?  

Could you please tell us what you did in Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya?  I am wondering if the water is warm enough for snorkeling.  This Southern girl does not like cold water🥶

Thank you!!

I have been having the same issue in the App for my Feb 13 cruise regarding dining.  It might update when you board.

The cruise compass was in my room every night but sorry, threw them away! My friend never got one and she was told you have to ask your cabin attendant  for a paper copy of you want it. 

My app had the same dining glitch on day 2 as well until boarding day, then the correct menus loaded in. Yes there is lobster night! 

We beached every port and the water was awesome. Plenty warm for swimming and snorkeling. We were evidently lucky, because in Roatan and Costa Maya they were telling us it had been rainy for days before we arrived. 

Hello - answers below:

1.  Yes it was captain Ron.

2.  M Mia was full show and was great

3.  Do not know about Samba Grill but others posted it was closed.

4.  We threw our cruise planners away unfortunately 

5.  Suite lounge was pretty empty all day long except for 5-8 happy hour then it was full.  Coastal Kitchen was full mostly for dinner, however breakfast and lunch were moderately full.

6.  In terms of outside venues and what to pack, you may need a jacket on first evening but afterwards it gets warm as you get to all ports and summer attire is perfect.

7.  We did have a lobster night and two formal nights.

8.  We didn’t too much in the ports but walk around, however,  many folks went swimming / aqua type excursions and water was warm.

hope that helps…..

• Like 1