Back to back cruise and COVID testing

detwings

In March we are doing a back to back on the Summit, a 2 day cruise, then a 5 day cruise.  I cannot really find anything about how Celebrity handles back to back cruisers.  WIll Celebrity give you an anitgen test before your back to back cruise OR will we have to get off the ship on the 2 dayer, find a pharmacy to do a anitigen test hopefully and then reboard for the 5 day?  Before I call Celebrity, just thought I would ask anyone if they had any recent experience with this.  Thanks.

They will provide a free test the day before you return to port at the end of the first leg.  In your case with the VERY short first cruise, I guess that will be on your first day.  You'll get info in your stateroom covering the whole process, and will attend a B2B meeting that covers it as well.

Edited by canderson

16 minutes ago, detwings said:

In March we are doing a back to back on the Summit, a 2 day cruise, then a 5 day cruise.  I cannot really find anything about how Celebrity handles back to back cruisers.  WIll Celebrity give you an anitgen test before your back to back cruise OR will we have to get off the ship on the 2 dayer, find a pharmacy to do a anitigen test hopefully and then reboard for the 5 day?  Before I call Celebrity, just thought I would ask anyone if they had any recent experience with this.  Thanks.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.53.43 AM.png

Since your cruise is so short, I recommend you go to Guest Relations once on board.  Tell them you are there to register for your Covid test as you are a consecutive cruiser and the first cruise is so short.  They will have you register on an iPad and tell you when and where to go.  The testing on Summit is on the same level as GR, at the other end of the foyer, when you'd otherwise go into a meeting room.

Celebrity will conduct testing for all B2B's the day before the end of the cruise.   In your case it will come pretty early.   In our case on one of  B2B's they combined it with the B2B meeting and on the other they had had times set up to show up in Cosmo Lounge.    Just walked in swabbed and out in about 2 minutes.    You get your results delivered to your room.

35 minutes ago, airhose said:

Yes, I read that,  but isn't Celebrity  an "accredited testing provider"?

No they are not. They are telling you nicely that you are on your own to find a CVS, Walgreens or some other testing facility to take care of you. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

No they are not. They are telling you nicely that you are on your own to find a CVS, Walgreens or some other testing facility to take care of you. 

Yes, they are, which is why their tests were sufficient for international travel when they were still in that mode (which they were until very recently).  The international guests were tested along with the B2B folks onboard. 

However, while they were earlier performing testing for guests on side-by-side cruises on other lines than X and RCL, they're not helping out on those and haven't been for a while now.  They're having enough trouble keeping up with demand related to their own passengers, and definitely aren't obligated to assist when other lines are involved.

Edited by canderson

I thought I’d ask this question here instead of starting a new thread, but correct me if needed.

I’ve read the FAQs regarding B2B testing being provided if your next sailing is on any RC group ship. I have a 12-night coming up on the Equinox that is 2/20 - 3/4 followed by a 7-night on Symphony OTS leaving 3/5. So the Symphony cruise leaves the day after the Equinox cruise returns. If they did the test on the last day of the Equinox cruise it would still be within the 2 day window for testing prior to the Symphony cruise. Does anyone know if Celebrity will conduct this test even though the next cruise doesn’t depart the same day as arrival? ie, Would they still consider this a B2B?

You will be good to go!  You'll be tested on 3/3 aboard Equinox, keeping you in the 2 day window.  BUT... be sure to let Guest Relations know as soon as you board that you have a side-side (not back-back) on Symphony and that you need to be added to the list.  This would also be necessary if your next cruise was on a different X ship.

• Thanks 1

1. Thank you so much for the information.  We will go to Guest Services when we get on and register for our next back to back and testing.  I must not have had enough coffee when I read Celebrity's policy.  I saw Royal Caribbean "ship" and not the Royal Caribbean group..duh..the reason for my confusion.  Need that caffeine.