Current Covid requirements from Canada for USA cruising

dobes3kh

Looking for clarification on testing etc.  

I believe I need a covid test 2 days before departing on cruise.  Ex. cruise departs Saturday so covid test done on Thursday.  I would plan on staying in hotel one night pre-cruise so test done on Thursday in Canada should be sufficient right?

For return to Canada, when and where do I do the testing?  Can it be done onboard?  I would be taking a flight directly home following disembarkation.  

TIA

14 minutes ago, dobes3kh said:

Looking for clarification on testing etc.  

I believe I need a covid test 2 days before departing on cruise.  Ex. cruise departs Saturday so covid test done on Thursday.  I would plan on staying in hotel one night pre-cruise so test done on Thursday in Canada should be sufficient right?

For return to Canada, when and where do I do the testing?  Can it be done onboard?  I would be taking a flight directly home following disembarkation.  

TIA

Generally speaking, you need to be tested within 2 days of boarding, so anytime within that window. If you are tested on Thursday and fly in on Friday that works fine. Or you could get tested and fly in on Friday, whichever you prefer.

At the end of your cruise, most lines are testing ashore now for those requiring a test to fly home. Whether the test will be free or not depends on the line and a number of other considerations. To be on the safe side, reserve your flight for the afternoon.

I suggest that you visit the Canadian Cruisers board. There's a wealth of information there on related issues.

Thanks Fouremco.  I haven't cruised since Feb 2020 and I feel so out of touch!  When you say most lines are testing ashore, does that mean at the pier or would it require arranging transport to an off-site location such as a Rite-Aid etc?  

Will visit the Canadian Cruisers asap!

Just off Constellation on Monday.  Testing for forward travel was being done on the pier at the passengers expense (I don't know what the charge was).

The change was made recently.   If you test positive you are no longer Celebrity's problem and don't count against the ships numbers.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just off Constellation on Monday.  Testing for forward travel was being done on the pier at the passengers expense (I don't know what the charge was).

The change was made recently.   If you test positive you are no longer Celebrity's problem and don't count against the ships numbers.

If the booking was made prior to Nov 16/21 then there is no charge.

2 hours ago, dobes3kh said:

Thanks Fouremco.  I haven't cruised since Feb 2020 and I feel so out of touch!  When you say most lines are testing ashore, does that mean at the pier or would it require arranging transport to an off-site location such as a Rite-Aid etc?  

Will visit the Canadian Cruisers asap!

Sorry for my lack of clarity. I mean at the pier. You collect your bags, go through customs and the testing site is right there. Sometimes in the terminal, sometimes not, but right there.