Price drop after final payment?

kuku77254

4 hours ago, n4w said:

In order to get a cabin upgrade, you will need to pay something - even a dollar.  you won't be able to upgrade to a nicer cabin if it is priced lower than your lesser cabin.  I was waiting for prices to come down a little to pay a smaller amount to upgrade from balcony to club balcony, but the next price drop was almost $300 and priced it below my fare. 

I feel your pain. On Jan 19 we booked an interior room on deck 5 for the Feb 13-20 cruise on Encore. Just happened to notice today that they moved me from the interior room to an OV picture window room on deck 12 - an extreme front-of-the-ship-bow-facing room. Not happy, even if THEY consider it an upgrade (if I cared that much about a view, I would skip the OV and gone straight to booking a balcony room). I called NCL to ask about it and they said deck 5 had been designated as the "quarantine deck" so they moved us. Okay. So, then I asked about changing our room to a balcony since the prices have dropped and a balcony room is now no more additional $ than what we've already paid!  But noooooooo......I was told that since we've already made final payment there would be a penalty charge ($1,389+) to change our room. By this point I was beyond frustrated. Long story short, they said they would waive the penalty charges since they had moved our original room to a category and location that we are not happy with. However......since they are waiving the penalty, we would only be allowed to change our room to a higher category that results in additional $$ paid. I have never been more frustrated with NCL than I am right now. I get that they are in the business to make money. But it would have been common courtesy, one would think, to have a) not allowed guests to have booked a room TO BEGIN WITH on a designated quarantine deck and/or b) give the guest notification that their room needed to be changed and allow them to choose a replacement in the same category or elect to upgrade without penalty, since it was their error. I received neither until I called to complain and seek a solution. Has anyone else experienced this or similar?

16 hours ago, 2 Fun Guys said:

I called about a price drop on my May cruise AND about the cruise now offering 3 points per day instead of one. No help on either. And guess why they wouldn't let me get the 3 points? Because there was a price drop...

UPDATE: I called back, just to get a clearer explanation about not being able to get the additional points. This time I was told, "you should have monitored this before making your final payment, since the additional points promotion began on January 1." Lesson learned. It's my fault for not constantly monitoring my reservation. Going forward, I will be checking every. single. day. And, yes, I get it. I paid in full and am getting what I paid for.

13 hours ago, Carolina.girl said:

I feel your pain. On Jan 19 we booked an interior room on deck 5 for the Feb 13-20 cruise on Encore. Just happened to notice today that they moved me from the interior room to an OV picture window room on deck 12 - an extreme front-of-the-ship-bow-facing room. Not happy, even if THEY consider it an upgrade (if I cared that much about a view, I would skip the OV and gone straight to booking a balcony room). I called NCL to ask about it and they said deck 5 had been designated as the "quarantine deck" so they moved us. Okay. So, then I asked about changing our room to a balcony since the prices have dropped and a balcony room is now no more additional $ than what we've already paid!  But noooooooo......I was told that since we've already made final payment there would be a penalty charge ($1,389+) to change our room. By this point I was beyond frustrated. Long story short, they said they would waive the penalty charges since they had moved our original room to a category and location that we are not happy with. However......since they are waiving the penalty, we would only be allowed to change our room to a higher category that results in additional $$ paid. I have never been more frustrated with NCL than I am right now. I get that they are in the business to make money. But it would have been common courtesy, one would think, to have a) not allowed guests to have booked a room TO BEGIN WITH on a designated quarantine deck and/or b) give the guest notification that their room needed to be changed and allow them to choose a replacement in the same category or elect to upgrade without penalty, since it was their error. I received neither until I called to complain and seek a solution. Has anyone else experienced this or similar?

I, too, would be extremely frustrated.    Makes it worse also knowing there are a lot of empty cabins available.    Hope you get a good resolution.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:37 AM, sunrise&set said:

How soon did you get the email after you called to inquire about this?  I called on Friday and was told there was no way I would get 50% FCC and it would likely be 25% if they issued any at all.  She also told me it could take a few weeks to review.  Now today, the price dropped even more (over $2000 total).  I'm wondering if I should call back tomorrow and hope that someone else could help me with this.  My cruise is in 3 weeks and we happen to have another booked next year on the same date so we could use the FCC on that cruise.

So a positive update.  I ended up calling again last Sunday 1/30/22 and was told that I qualified for the 50% FCC and should get an email within 7 business days.  Just got the email tonight and not only did I get the 50% FCC, but the cruise price had dropped even more (checked earlier today) and they used today's pricing.  So in total I now have $1750 FCC.  Makes me feel a little better about the big price drop.  

2 hours ago, sunrise&set said:

So a positive update.  I ended up calling again last Sunday 1/30/22 and was told that I qualified for the 50% FCC and should get an email within 7 business days.  Just got the email tonight and not only did I get the 50% FCC, but the cruise price had dropped even more (checked earlier today) and they used today's pricing.  So in total I now have $1750 FCC.  Makes me feel a little better about the big price drop.  

Wonderful news.  Thank you for letting us know the update.    I am trying to get the almost $1000 FFC we received  from a price drop extended an additional five weeks for the following cruise we have booked.   We are going with extended family so it easier said than done moving our trip up five weeks. 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:15 AM, kuku77254 said:

Has anyone gotten anything recently when there's been a price drop after final payment? It's a significant difference and I can't cancel and rebook now but I would be happy with some non refundable OBC. My TA says they won't do anything after final payment but I don't know if she's just being lazy or if that's the actual policy.It seems like other's have said they had theirs adjusted. TIA

Twice there was a price drop on studio cabins after I had made full payment. I called my PPC and he was able to upgrade me to a better cabin both times.

However it was not recent. The second time was 2019 and the first time was before that.

Edited by bostonphil

• 1 month later...

Ok, so now that my cruise has come and gone 😢,  would I see my FCC in my account or would I have to call to have it applied to a future cruise?  I see the CruiseNext certificates listed, but not FCC.  It has only been about 10 days, but wondering if anyone else has received their FCC and where it showed up?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 10:59 AM, sunrise&set said:

Ok, so now that my cruise has come and gone 😢,  would I see my FCC in my account or would I have to call to have it applied to a future cruise?  I see the CruiseNext certificates listed, but not FCC.  It has only been about 10 days, but wondering if anyone else has received their FCC and where it showed up?

Thanks!

Any update?  Did the FCC eventually show up on your account?  I just returned Sunday, so I'm expecting some time is needed for NCL to do their thing.  But it's been longer for you, just curious on what/when to expect.

• 1 month later...

Just received notification that 100% fcc was approved for price-drop after final payment.  FCC should appear in my account after the cruise, in 2 months. And yes, I did have the NCL airfare but it was still a promo when I applied for the fcc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

Just received notification that 100% fcc was approved for price-drop after final payment.  FCC should appear in my account after the cruise, in 2 months. And yes, I did have the NCL airfare but it was still a promo when I applied for the fcc.

Julig22, how long ago did you request a FCC for price drop?  I’ve been working with my NCL PCC since end of March.  She finally said last week that they have my request and will respond after the cruise.  Our cruise is thus Saturday but I’ve not heard anything from NCL.  I just thought it was odd. How did you apply for credit?

15 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Julig22, how long ago did you request a FCC for price drop?  I’ve been working with my NCL PCC since end of March.  She finally said last week that they have my request and will respond after the cruise.  Our cruise is thus Saturday but I’ve not heard anything from NCL.  I just thought it was odd. How did you apply for credit?

This particular one I requested almost a month ago but the cruise isn't for another 2 months.  My PCC put in the request.  I asked him last week and he told me they might not answer for awhile.

I am also cruising this Saturday and just put in a request right before the 14-day cutoff - haven't heard anything on that either.

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

This particular one I requested almost a month ago but the cruise isn't for another 2 months.  My PCC put in the request.  I asked him last week and he told me they might not answer for awhile.

I am also cruising this Saturday and just put in a request right before the 14-day cutoff - haven't heard anything on that either.

Thanks for the info.  I feel a little more confident we will get a credit … I was sort of doubting my PCC.  I think we may be on same cruise…the Bliss?  If so I will I will introduce myself at the Meet and Greet.  Thanks again.

29 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks for the info.  I feel a little more confident we will get a credit … I was sort of doubting my PCC.  I think we may be on same cruise…the Bliss?  If so I will I will introduce myself at the Meet and Greet.  Thanks again.

Yep - on the Bliss.  Almost all my remaining Amazon packages for the trip arrived today.  It's amazing what I can find that I absolutely need to have a week before any trip I take!  See ya soon.

Our cruise price [after final payment] dropped $2000.00 in March and my TA put in a request for FCC and a week later we got an email approving it.  2 weeks ago the price dropped another $2000.00;  I emailed my TA;  she sent in another request for FCC.  NCL replied - they only give one courtesy FCC after final payment.  So sorry.

If I had known, I would have requested closer to the sail date.  Live and learn.

🙁

My cruise is in July and the price drop was almost $1400 per person. I put in the request two weeks ago and last week was notified that will each get 100% as a FCC after we complete the cruise.

My question - I have a cruise booked for June, 2023 but have not paid in full. Can the FCC be used for that or is it for a new booking only? Also, my friend doesn't plan on going on another cruise anytime soon, so my understanding is that she can transfer her FCC one time. I was going to have her transfer it to me to apply to the same cruise - does anyone know if that can be done? Can both be applied to the same cruise?

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, sacteach said:

My cruise is in July and the price drop was almost $1400 per person. I put in the request two weeks ago and last week was notified that will each get 100% as a FCC after we complete the cruise.

My question - I have a cruise booked for June, 2023 but have not paid in full. Can the FCC be used for that or is it for a new booking only? Also, my friend doesn't plan on going on another cruise anytime soon, so my understanding is that she can transfer her FCC one time. I was going to have her transfer it to me to apply to the same cruise - does anyone know if that can be done? Can both be applied to the same cruise?

Thank you!

It just has to be used within 12 months, so yes, you can have it applied to your June 2023 cruise after you return.

8th April on Jade, called my PCC 2 weeks out as prices had dropped a lot, no free upgrades but he did a balcony (from inside) for £10 per person. He said he could do any upgrade as long as it cost more than the original booking.

I’m cruising on the Gem in July. I got two price drops before final payment. I called last Sunday as the price on nicer rooms was cheap and they offered to move me from an inside to a porthole for free or from an inside to a picture window for a total of $22. Ironically the “minimum bid” for an upgrade to an ocean view was $50pp. I don’t have a PCC, Injust call the regular line. So far I had one really grumpy guy in my very first call and just hung up and called back and got someone nicer who helped me. And I got the worst info ever from the chat help so had to call. 

Just completed exceptional service by NCL. I had a large reduction request after final payment and got not only 100%, but also a second reduction that I had not noticed. Very pleased with this in FCC for next years cruise. Positive service all around. 

1 hour ago, oracer said:

Just completed exceptional service by NCL. I had a large reduction request after final payment and got not only 100%, but also a second reduction that I had not noticed. Very pleased with this in FCC for next years cruise. Positive service all around. 

Nice reading a positive post on this subject.   Congratulations!