Heard anything about Cayman Islands?

finny2

Thanks for the link to the port schedule. Interesting that Celebrity still shows the Silhouette in Grand Cayman on Wednesday April 6, but it is not on the port schedule. Although perhaps I should be relieved since there are 4 other ships already scheduled that day.

I was expecting this port to be cancelled, but disappointed that Celebrity isn't being forthcoming about the change when it's pretty clear it won't happen. Our sailing doesn't meet the criteria listed as GC isn't the first port of call, so even if they were to reopen, we wouldn't be able to visit if that requirement is still in place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

So Apex is showing Grand Cayman as a port on 3/10.  Anyone know/guess what Apex will do?

Looking at Apex February itineraries Costa Maya has replaced Grand Cayman and Nassau is now the first port.

Cruise Time Tables for March show the same port changes, Grand Cayman was listed as the last port for the 3/5 itinerary last week but now shows Costa Maya as the port... YMMV

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/zapo2.php?id=cse&sailmonth=Mar 2022&destination=Any&departureport=&arrivalport=&openjawcruise=&portofcall=&cruiseship=Celebrity Apex&duration=Any&chartercruise=

Edited by ultramax12
typo
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 9:29 PM, LGW59 said:

Been there once on a cruise many years ago.  While I would not NOT book a cruise because it stops there, I'd never get off the ship, BORING!

Agree, been there twice. Not that impressed, I really like most of the other islands like St Martin, St Kitts, Grenada, Antigua far more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ultramax12 said:

Looking at Apex February itineraries Costa Maya has replaced Grand Cayman and Nassau is now the first port.

Cruise Time Tables for March show the same port changes, Grand Cayman was listed as the last port for the 3/5 itinerary last week but now shows Costa Maya as the port... YMMV

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/zapo2.php?id=cse&sailmonth=Mar 2022&destination=Any&departureport=&arrivalport=&openjawcruise=&portofcall=&cruiseship=Celebrity Apex&duration=Any&chartercruise=

Well this is interesting, my March 19 sailing on cruisetimetables shows changes from Bimini to Nassau and Grand Cayman to Costa Maya.  However, my booking information on the X website shows no changes.  I guess time will tell.

16 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So Apex is showing Grand Cayman as a port on 3/10.  Anyone know/guess what Apex will do?

I have a call into X about this and a few other similar questions and have yet to hear back...

Any telephone number I can call to get a quicker response???? LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I have a call into X about this and a few other similar questions and have yet to hear back...

bon voyage

Could you please let us know if you get a response. Our sailing in April is showing the same changes in the cruisetimetables.

Cheers Bo!

• Haha 1

My guess is Celebrity doesn’t yet know if they will sail to Grand Cayman in March or April.    The temporary ban on cruise ships was extended until February 28th so hopefully they will decide soon if will be extended once more.     It is on our Apex 3/19 itinerary.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

1-800-call-BO  and once you get them on the phone ask them for the dailies from the Nov cruise on Summit, I need to plan a dinner for my Nov 2022 cruise and as we like to eat at 8:00 not 8:15 I would like to know what they had in Nov 2021

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this morning that Cayman island will allow cruise ships as of March 21. Our March 19 Apex sailing is supposed to be in Grand Cayman on March 24, so hopefully we’ll keep that port and not change to Rivieria Maya. 

https://www.caymancompass.com/2022/02/25/cruise-ships-to-return-from-march-21/

I still am not sure what’s going on with Bimini vs Nassau though. Have other Apex sailings not been going to Bimini as scheduled?

3 hours ago, StellaTN said:

Just saw this morning that Cayman island will allow cruise ships as of March 21. Our March 19 Apex sailing is supposed to be in Grand Cayman on March 24, so hopefully we’ll keep that port and not change to Rivieria Maya. 

https://www.caymancompass.com/2022/02/25/cruise-ships-to-return-from-march-21/

I still am not sure what’s going on with Bimini vs Nassau though. Have other Apex sailings not been going to Bimini as scheduled?

I'm rather shocked by that, seeing as how the Caymans have essentially been hiding from covid for 2 years.  Way sooner of a return that I had expected.   Guessing that may change as soon as a new variant is identified.