Azamara Requiring Booster shots

17 hours ago, read2learn said:

I have a spring European cruise with Azamara. Just received email that all sailings after 3/1 will require booster shot. Wonder if other lines will follow.???

I saw a article saying Carnival and NCL will be considering fully vaccinated as including a booster.  I also wonder if this is a way to keep kids off the ships this summer.  Here in CA. kids will soon be required to be vaccinated. Then after the second shot they will need to wait 6 months to get the booster. Meaning most will not get the booster until after summer break. 

Fully vaccinated could vary by age.  They could require adults who can be boosted to have one to be considered fully vaccinated but I doubt they would require kids under 12 if they can't even get a booster yet.  They don't stop unvaccinated children anyway, they just have different policy on what they can do.

20 hours ago, read2learn said:

I have a spring European cruise with Azamara. Just received email that all sailings after 3/1 will require booster shot. Wonder if other lines will follow.???

I wonder if it's because a European cruise. Right now Europe is tightening up on how recently visitors need to have had their vaccines.

• Like 1

This was from the e-mail so I don't think it is just Europe. 

For the safety of our guests and crew, all guests 5 years and older must be fully vaccinated and have received their booster shots when eligible in order to sail with Azamara starting March 1st, 2022. Certificates of recovery will not be accepted in lieu of vaccines.

We are boosted BUT since royal can't be bothered to include kids over 5 INSTEAD of 12 In their policy, if they require a boosters .... That's the last straw for me ... I'm done with royal

BECAUSE I believe they should require ALL eligible people to have vaccines and/or boosters NOT just people 12 and up

• Like 3