Changing Booked Cruise

Cpt Pugwash

I have a cruise booked for 2023 but have seen another one i'd prefer and more expensive, and can't afford both 😞 is there a standard charge for changing bookings or is it just up to what they decide on the day and if i lose only Dep since i have only paid the 5% Dep would i be made to pay the  rest.?

Thanks for any info.

Cpt Pugwash

Roll on 30July 2022

if you have a select price booking you have 

“Flexibility to change your booking” which I think means you can transfer without a charge if the new package is within 12 months (or 6 months for world cruise ) and more expensive. I think if you do not have a select price then it’s treated as cancellation and charges apply - but may depend which agent you get !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

if you have a select price booking you have 

“Flexibility to change your booking” which I think means you can transfer without a charge if the new package is within 12 months (or 6 months for world cruise ) and more expensive. I think if you do not have a select price then it’s treated as cancellation and charges apply - but may depend which agent you get !

Yes it is Select Price i booked was for the Med in Oct 2023 but fancy the Baltics now. 

I changed a cruise booked for July 2023 which was over £4K to a cruise in April 2023, for just over £2K on Tuesday.  No amendment fee at all.  That was through the Derbyshire travel agent.  The April 2023 cruise is an early saver fare

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

I changed a cruise booked for July 2023 which was over £4K to a cruise in April 2023, for just over £2K on Tuesday.  No amendment fee at all.  That was through the Derbyshire travel agent.  The April 2023 cruise is an early saver fare

I think early saver is treated same as select price for changes. But not saver.
booking conditions say new one must be more - but it’s obviously discretionary. 
good for you. 

Edited by paulatsea

23 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

I think early saver is treated same as select price for changes. But not saver.
booking conditions say new one must be more - but it’s obviously discretionary. 
good for you. 

I don't think it has to be more Paul 

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

If your holiday is unaffected by our latest pause but you would like to reschedule, you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. This means that if you have a Select Price or Early Saver booking you can:

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your booking free of charge.

Should you wish to transfer your booking you should call our Customer Contact Centre or your travel agent if you booked with them.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

@kalos   the above only relates to  bookings scheduled to depart in 2022

Clause 15/ 16  here should allow a 2023 change on select fare if price higher

https://www.pocruises.com/legal-and-privacy/booking-terms-and-conditions

Sorry I thought you were all discussing the present T&C's :classic_blush: As you were :classic_smile: