Are NCL Shore Excursions Mandatory to Leave Ship?

NEW 2 CRUISIN

Good Sunday afternoon all!

I was not able to locate this info anywhere on my own, so would appreciate a pointin the right direction of some personal experiences.

At one point during our cruise planning, on of us thought we read that it was now mandatory to book an NCL shore excurison to leave the ship at each port.

Is that still true (if ever?)...or is it possible to still get off the ship and shop at the port markets and/or go to the beach?

Wanted to check as its been a while, and we have generally just visited each port city on our own without a formal excursion.

Thanks for the assist!  👍

4 minutes ago, NEW 2 CRUISIN said:

Good Sunday afternoon all!

I was not able to locate this info anywhere on my own, so would appreciate a pointin the right direction of some personal experiences.

At one point during our cruise planning, on of us thought we read that it was now mandatory to book an NCL shore excurison to leave the ship at each port.

Is that still true (if ever?)...or is it possible to still get off the ship and shop at the port markets and/or go to the beach?

Wanted to check as its been a while, and we have generally just visited each port city on our own without a formal excursion.

Thanks for the assist!  👍

see https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country for the only restrictions along with reading, and re-reading, and re-reading the cruise-specific information sent to you by NCL

• Like 2

It all depends on the restrictions imposed by the port you are visiting, it isn’t under the control of the cruise line. 
The rules are subject to change by the port and may change up to the moment the ship arrives.

• Like 2