Oceania Suite vs PH; worth it?

Clutj

On 1/31/2022 at 8:54 PM, Clutj said:

Please ignore my first world problem if it annoys.  I am trying to decide whether to spring for an Oceania Suite at about 50% greater cost.  I see it’s 1,000 sq ft versus 420 sq ft and has a few more services that are easy to compare. If you’ve done this, what are the intangibles that pushed you over?  Or did you try it and go back to a PH?  FWIW, I would feel the cost (i.e., don’t have $100mm in the bank). 

We have cruised on Regent Seven Seas. They have 2 suites in-between what Oceania has, with nothing in between Penthouse and Oceania Suite. We have been very comfortable in the Seven Seas and Voyager Suites on Regent which are both in the 550-700 square feet range, not including the balcony. We have booked an Oceania Suite on the mariner later this year. The Penthouse on the current Mariner, with the table and chairs at the foot of the bed seems crowded. The Riviera has been updated with a better layout in the Penthouse Suites.

4 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We have cruised on Regent Seven Seas. They have 2 suites in-between what Oceania has, with nothing in between Penthouse and Oceania Suite. We have been very comfortable in the Seven Seas and Voyager Suites on Regent which are both in the 550-700 square feet range, not including the balcony. We have booked an Oceania Suite on the mariner later this year. The Penthouse on the current Mariner, with the table and chairs at the foot of the bed seems crowded. The Riviera has been updated with a better layout in the Penthouse Suites.

Just now, rbtan said:

The Penthouse suites on the Marina/Riviera are about 440 sq. ft. The space on the Oceania suites is simply the thing that stands out.Bigger everything. The only thing that separates the Penthouses is the fact you get Butler service/Executive lounge access.. Other than that they offer about the same amenities as Concierge cabins.

1 minute ago, rbtan said:

2 hours ago, rbtan said:

The Penthouse suites on the Marina/Riviera are about 440 sq. ft. The space on the Oceania suites is simply the thing that stands out.Bigger everything. The only thing that separates the Penthouses is the fact you get Butler service/Executive lounge access.. Other than that they offer about the same amenities as Concierge cabins.

Penthouses do have the same amenities or size of a Concierge cabins.....much larger cabin, bathroom and verandah.  Penthouse can order meals from all specialties restaurants served by their butler (Concierge cabins can order from GDR delivered by room service).  Penthouse receive more guaranteed specialty restaurant reservations and an earlier date to book.   Penthouse cabins are ready earlier than concierge cabins on embarkation day.  There is quite a difference in amenities .....

3 hours ago, rbtan said:

May have some of the same amenities, but the extra space in the PH over the Concierge cabins is well worth it. The walk in closet and the BIG new bathroom are both wonderful. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, basor said:

Penthouses do have the same amenities or size of a Concierge cabins.....much larger cabin, bathroom and verandah.  Penthouse can order meals from all specialties restaurants served by their butler (Concierge cabins can order from GDR delivered by room service).  Penthouse receive more guaranteed specialty restaurant reservations and an earlier date to book.   Penthouse cabins are ready earlier than concierge cabins on embarkation day.  There is quite a difference in amenities .....

The ready time is close to the same as Concierge.I did say the cabins are bigger. Perhaps I should have said 420ft.v/s 290ft. but I felt "everyone" knew there are big differences in size.The bathrooms are bigger, but not all have been "updated"(at least at the time of our cruise). To my knowledge the suites/cabins are guaranteed at least one seating in the specialties & that the earlier time to reserve is true. We had no trouble booking multiple times in an restaurant on board. The times were not always our favorite.The bigger suites get better reservetime than the PH suites as well.

Edited by rbtan
additions

On 4/24/2022 at 6:57 PM, PinonNoir said:

Curious, with the Oceania Suite you only get 6 bottles of wine for the entire cruise?  That would be gone in two days!

Two days? I thought this was Oceania not Princess LOL!  Also I'm pretty sure you can have other sprits as well.

Random observation from a longtime CC poster, but an Oceania forum newbie:

In other forums when discussions about suites come up, you invariably get the "must be nice", or the "I'd rather spend my money on other things" type comments.  It's nice to be able to have these discussions without the feeling of coming across as insensitive of others.

Edited by CruisinShips
  • Like 1

We enjoyed the Oceania Suite as a splurge on a Caribbean cruise where we had very little intention to go ashore.  It was a wonderful experience.

we were able to order from the specialty restaurants for dinner in our cabin, and the dining table was more comfortable to eat at than the sofa level table.

the space was fabulous and two jacuzzi style tubs, one inside and one outside were a real treat!

For us, it was worth the splurge- it is all about your personal priorities.