Walking to Charleston, SC Cruise Port

splintz

I am staying at the Andrew Pinckney Inn for my upcoming cruise next week on the Carnival Sunshine.  According to MapQuest this looks to be a 10-minute walk.  Looking up the port it is very confusing to me.  It looks like there is a drop off location separate from the parking location.  Does anyone have an actual address for the drop off that I can put in my phone to use as directions.  And also, can I walk in this entrance without a vehicle.  Thanks for any help.

4 hours ago, splintz said:

I am staying at the Andrew Pinckney Inn for my upcoming cruise next week on the Carnival Sunshine.  According to MapQuest this looks to be a 10-minute walk.  Looking up the port it is very confusing to me.  It looks like there is a drop off location separate from the parking location.  Does anyone have an actual address for the drop off that I can put in my phone to use as directions.  And also, can I walk in this entrance without a vehicle.  Thanks for any help.

Yes - it should be no more than 10 minutes, and you could easily walk it unless you are travelling with steamer trunks.   We have stayed at the Indigo Inn (same area) - all close by.  If you have not yet made dinner plans, consider High Cotton - on East Bay - even closer than the port.   The Pinckney is sure to have a street map - it really is easy to find your way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Maybe the Andrew Pinkney Inn would know?

Thanks for the reply.  I've had bad experiences asking directions or getting important information from the front desk at hotels.  😀  I try to avoid relying on that.  i was hoping someone who has been dropped off at the port would know exactly where to go so I'm not walking up and down the street trying to figure it out.  I did look at google maps and a map posted on a cruise site that showed the drop off and parking entrances.  I think I figured it out.  It looks like the drop off entrance is right behind the Harris Teeter supermarket which is located at 290 E Bay St.  

7 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Yes - it should be no more than 10 minutes, and you could easily walk it unless you are travelling with steamer trunks.   We have stayed at the Indigo Inn (same area) - all close by.  If you have not yet made dinner plans, consider High Cotton - on East Bay - even closer than the port.   The Pinckney is sure to have a street map - it really is easy to find your way.

Thanks!  Is the drop off location behind the Harris Teeter supermarket on E Bay St.  I was trying to figure it out on a map.