Voyager Restart

CJANDH

Does anyone have any insight into the probability that Voyager will restart in Europe as scheduled? We are approaching final payment date for the April 15 Lisbon to Barcelona voyage and concerned that a cancellation may be looming.

They recently made the 3-26 cruise the first one.  Covid rates are falling fast in both Italy(embarkation)  and the US so I feel good about the cruise happening.

Hopefully the employees can make it to the ship.

But, sorry, no insight.

3 hours ago, seasickphil said:

Voyager is presently moored up in Civitavecchia so presumably already in place for its restart cruise on the 26th March 2022 Rome to Lisbon.

I hope that is Rome to Barcelona. If not I need to change my return flight.😅

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

I have just received a change of flight schedule for our 4/15 cruise on Voyager. So they must still be expecting it to go🤞.

I really do not understand, why do you think it will not go. Is it just because of the delayed restart?

1 hour ago, seasickphil said:

I really do not understand, why do you think it will not go. Is it just because of the delayed restart?

Not really. There was an earlier post that suggested difficulty in getting crew for starting these ships. Also, I am concerned about cancellations from passengers as we approach the final payment date (a week away) because of the still comlex testing protocols for entering Portugal and Spain. Maybe just a "worry wart", but I really want to get aboard.

A friend, living in Lisbon over the past year, just sent me a news article indicating that a Covid test is no longer required to enter Portugal starting tomorrow morning.  Portugal (and perhaps other EU countries) are opening up, so I would assume cruising will do the same.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sunprince said:

A friend, living in Lisbon over the past year, just sent me a news article indicating that a Covid test is no longer required to enter Portugal starting tomorrow morning.  Portugal (and perhaps other EU countries) are opening up, so I would assume cruising will do the same.  

Great news!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As we all have experienced with cruise cancellations in the past two years, things can change on a dime with this virus mess.  But this cruise looks good; it is still posting on the website, and Spain and   Portugal seem to be relaxing entries quite a bit.  At this point, we just want to enjoy Regent’s product and the Voyager once again! We are very optimistic!🛳🛳🛳

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HotelSnob1 said:

As we all have experienced with cruise cancellations in the past two years, things can change on a dime with this virus mess.  But this cruise looks good; it is still posting on the website, and Spain and   Portugal seem to be relaxing entries quite a bit.  At this point, we just want to enjoy Regent’s product and the Voyager once again! We are very optimistic!🛳🛳🛳

Exactly, We are on the return to service Regent Voyager cruise 3-26.   Hopefully back to living.

• Like 1

Well, Regent doesn't seem to be relaxing entries.  I'm booked on the Voyager Lisbon-Rome cruise departing on 14 Sep 22 and I got a letter from Regent yesterday informing me that I would need to be tested for Covid before arriving at the Lisbon terminal or be charged $99.

9 minutes ago, journeyfan said:

Well, Regent doesn't seem to be relaxing entries.  I'm booked on the Voyager Lisbon-Rome cruise departing on 14 Sep 22 and I got a letter from Regent yesterday informing me that I would need to be tested for Covid before arriving at the Lisbon terminal or be charged $99.

That is a relaxation compared to the current requirements. 

So we cruisers on these early 2022 Voyager Med trips will keep everyone posted! I imagine our travel world will be different in September as opposed to this spring.  Hopefully by then this layer of testing before entry into certain countries will be lifted.   Very excited to see the EU opening up somewhat! Think Greece! 😎😎😎