VeriFLY for Upcoming Magic Cruise

tbjl24

Just received an email from Carnival today to download VeriFLY for our upcoming Magic cruise on Sunday. I thought this was only being tested on Mardi Gras at the moment? 

Followed the instructions anyway and get a Booking Not Found message in the app. GRRRRRRRRRR 

Curious if Carnival IT jumped the gun a bit. Will keep trying over the next couple days. It would be nice to not have 15 pages of medical documentation to keep track and fumble about in the terminal. 

• Like 1

We also received the email, as we are on Magic starting 2/6.  I think someone sent the emails out erroneously.  I downloaded verifly as well and it could not find our booking number either.   Thought it might save a few minutes at the pier. 

Maybe it will start working on Friday....when the health questions are in effect.

Edited by Yuridog

Finally got it to recognize my booking for Mardi Gras on 2/5. Can’t get it to recognize/ acknowledge my vaccine card. Tried QR code and pdf. Been trying for an hour now.  So frustrating for something that is supposed to make check in easier. Have they thought of beta testing, or is this what we’re doing now?

I have used the VeriFly app for a trip next week to Guatemala and was amazed how well it worked and easy to download info.  I hope this is a minor glich as Carnival IT gets it working for cruises as I sail in March and hope Idon't have to carry all paper documents in order to get on ship.  Hope it will get up to speed and don't give up on it yet, if they get the bugs worked out it is easy and convenient to use.  You all enjoy your cruise.

5 hours ago, dbrucern said:

We are on the Magic for March and April and never received an email to use Verifly.

You probably will closer to sailing date. We are sailing Magic this coming Sunday and just received the email last night. They just expanded this app to Elation and Magic 

Edited by tbjl24
  • Thanks 1

We are finally checked in on VeriFly and what a PITA!  I made a few errors, but eventually corrected them.  I could not initially find the time we took our tests this morning, and believed the app when it told me if there was not a time on the test results, it would be considered to be 8 a.m.  I stated the time was not on the test results.  I was wrong, the time really was shown, and it was bounced back to me to correct it.  Also, I didn’t read the small print on how to produce both sides of the vaccination card (take photos on phone of both and add them at the same time rather than trying to take the photo from the app).  So somebody really does review the results.  

The bigger problem was that I had added my SO as a companion on my app, then downloaded the app onto his phone.  After I got everything submitted and accepted, I had his info complete on his app, but only partially done on mine.  Rather than redo it on my app,  I deleted him as a companion from mine and we will each show our own pass.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Carnival sent a follow up email late this afternoon asking us to download the Verifly App for Magic 2/6, indicating there was an issue that prevented us from locating our sailing and it has now been fixed.  Downloaded Verifly just fine, uploaded photo, vaccination record...just have to upload my negative test result tomorrow night.  Hope this app makes embarkation faster!

Verifly says I am not fully vaccinated because my booster was less than 14 days ago. Carnival clearly states booster should be at least 7 days prior to sailing. I will be  12 days boosted at time of embarkation. Guess I can't use verifly. 

1 hour ago, pjb3832 said:

Verifly says I am not fully vaccinated because my booster was less than 14 days ago. Carnival clearly states booster should be at least 7 days prior to sailing. I will be  12 days boosted at time of embarkation. Guess I can't use verifly. 

just don’t enter the booster information. I had a issue where my booster is on the back of my card via sticker (I hate Publix for doing that) and was rejected on VeriFLY. I resubmitted without booster info since it is not a requirement anyway….went through fine.