Do cruise ships supply.....

jini

Being a first-time cruiser I'm wondering whether or not cruise ships supply toiletries on a daily basis.

I really don't want to haul shampoo, soap, etc in my luggage if I don't have to.

I find the essentials supplied by hotels very satisfactory.

Thanks for your help.

If you have permed or color treated hair, DON'T use the stuff the cruise line provides. It's not very good and it's not that good for your hair. The soap and lotion are fine, but the shampoo is really bad. Go and buy some small bottles of shampoo and creme rinse as they are easy to pack and you can refill them for future trips.

If you have permed or color treated hair, DON'T use the stuff the cruise line provides. It's not very good and it's not that good for your hair. The soap and lotion are fine, but the shampoo is really bad. Go and buy some small bottles of shampoo and creme rinse as they are easy to pack and you can refill them for future trips.

I have to agree with Kitty9 here. The soaps and lotion are just fine - in fact they are actually very good but I wouldn't touch the shampoo/conditioner with a 10 foot Bargepole. Many of the major shampoo and conditioner manufacturers have "trial" sizes that can be purchased inexpensively at your local drugstore.* No need to haul along a huge bottle of either shampoo or conditioner.

Have a great cruise.:)

Valerie

* If you save the empty containers then you can refill them with your own favorite shampoos/conditioners for your next cruise.;)

Holland America is special. They have wonderful soap, shampoo/conditioner and lotion. I have 65 year old color treated hair and I personally like HAL products. Their lotion is so good I ask for one to take home. Your cabin steward will leave extra if you ask. Some cruise lines sometimes have cheap junk.

Yes, HAL does provide toiletries, and at least from my experience two years ago, it was individual bottles and bars, not wall-mounted dispensers. I prefer what I use at home because it smells nice, but since I don't have "special needs" hair, I'm perfectly happy to use whatever is available. HAL put out a news release not long ago bragging about their new spa-quality toiletries, but I thought what they had before was great. If you have a bad hair day, you can always blame it on the salty air.:)

I was on a one-night voyage for travel agents on Monday-Tuesday on the Noordam. They gave us small packets of Elemis products! Yeah! They supplied soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower gel. I asked for more since I used so much of the shower gel and they were happy to oblige. Awesome stuff!

Happy Cruising!

Amy

Archived