Buffets - self serve, or not?

Pia1913

12 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

When my wife wanted one thin slice of roast beef she ended up with three. So I do not think it saves on waste.

I agree. We also support the staff in the WJ serving the selections. When we would get the tutti salad in the MDR room we would always say a little of this, a little of that. It was apparent their interpretation of a little was way different than ours. I don't feel guilty if I don't eat everything on my plate.

21 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Over the last few weeks most of the Vegas Buffetts have gone back to total self serve. Cruise lines may not be far behind. Two weeks ago on Navigator the freestyle machines were self serve, bread and deserts in WJ were also self serve. Coffee, pastries, small sandwiches in DL were self serve.  You could not sit at any bar but you could stand there and talk as long as you wanted.

We had a land based vacation in Spain over New Year and the hotel had returned to a total self serve buffet. It was horrible, I saw children picking up food with their hands and then putting it back and adults weren’t much better. It made me realise how much I prefer only the crew serving on ships.