Which NCL Hotel in Rome

Bartfast

Hi all. Which hotels does NCL use in Rome? I am thinking of using the air/hotel package. I don't really care about the hotel other than to know which one it might be, because I'll only be there a short while to sleep.

I don't usually know or care which hotels NCL uses.  I research the city, and book my own hotel. 

For Rome, we booked Hotel Genio for under Cad$200 for 2 nights.  Includes breakfast, and is one minute walk from Piazza Navona (and walking distance to a lot of places such as Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc.  Next morning we walked to St. Peters Sq and Vatican Museum)

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Bartfast said:

Hi all. Which hotels does NCL use in Rome? I am thinking of using the air/hotel package. I don't really care about the hotel other than to know which one it might be, because I'll only be there a short while to sleep.

Are you asking this question because you’re merely staying for a night and not doing any touring?  If that’s not the case, then location is important, and I strongly suggest looking into hotels on your own, especially if you don’t know for sure where NCL would put you. There’s a terrific Italy port of call forum here on CC, if you’re not familiar with it. Lots of info on Rome and hotels. 

On 2/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Bartfast said:

When I started looking into pre-cruise hotels I was told that there was no availability...but to check back because they would most likely add a new offering.  They finally added the Genova Hotel and that is where we are booked.  I previously had the 3 "main" hotels listed in a chat session from NCL but once I booked Genova I deleted that info...sorry!

We did the hotel with NCL in 2019 and it was the Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's.

As others mentioned, it is not in the centre of where you would likely want to be unless it is one night pre-cruise which was what we did.  On the pro side, it was a nice hotel, great breakfast, and the transfer was convenient.  We did use the shuttle into town to do some sight seeing the day we landed, and we visited the Vatican for an early morning tour before the transfer to the port so you can do some sight seeing, but not by just walking out the door.

We had stayed in Rome previously, and spent a longer time in and around the city so we were not as concerned about it for that trip.

So my concern is flights to Europe. If I book with NCL and there's a cancellation or port change, NCL rebooks the flights. If I book them, I am SOL and fly into the wrong airport.

I thought that it would just be easier if I arranged the hotel through NCL, too.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, Bartfast said:

Piazza Navone looks like a decent location. Thank you!

Piazza Navone is a spectacular location!  Though you did say you were just going to sleep there, if that was me, I'd get the closest decent hotel to the port I could find.  Good luck

• Like 2