Marina January 22 -- February 1

decemberroses

On 2/4/2022 at 5:46 PM, ORV said:

Were you on it, and did you?

I was on it, and I did not test positive, but several people did when we tested the next day to fly home, including my husband. So we've been stuck in Panama. I'm just curious if anyone else had any issues. None of the 14 people quarantined here have symptoms. It just seems odd to test negative (antigen test)  on the ship, and 48 hours later, be positive (PCR) unless they already had it on the ship? We did an outdoor walking tour of Panama City with masks, so it wasn't like it was a high risk excursion, or we didn't think so anyway. Lesson learned--while traveling during covid, a couple extra days of essentials isn't enough. You need an extra week's worth of undies and meds. 😆

Oh my. So sorry. When will you be able to leave?  My issue with testing - just a moment in time. 2 days later viral load can be enough to detect. 
Good advice. I can always wash out underwear but bringing more meds is a definite must do

Take care

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, decemberroses said:

I was on it, and I did not test positive, but several people did when we tested the next day to fly home, including my husband. So we've been stuck in Panama. I'm just curious if anyone else had any issues. None of the 14 people quarantined here have symptoms. It just seems odd to test negative (antigen test)  on the ship, and 48 hours later, be positive (PCR) unless they already had it on the ship? We did an outdoor walking tour of Panama City with masks, so it wasn't like it was a high risk excursion, or we didn't think so anyway. Lesson learned--while traveling during covid, a couple extra days of essentials isn't enough. You need an extra week's worth of undies and meds. 😆

How’s your husband and all who tested positive? If were on Marina do you know about how many guests & crew tested positive?