Apex B2B - if your cabin was reassigned.....

Birdnutty

We are currently booked on Deck 6 Fwd for a B2B on the Apex, sailing in less than 2 weeks.   Apparently, that deck is being routinely saved for  quarantine/isolation so I fully expect to be reassigned.   In anybody's experience, did X make any attempt to keep you in the same cabin for the second week?  When booking, I went through great pains to make sure that I could keep the same cabin and not have to move.  Yes, I know they move your stuff for you, but still...

It won't really matter in the long run, unless we really love whatever cabin we may get reassigned to for the first week, but I'm just curious if they even try.

I’m in the same quandary. I’m getting on board Feb. 26, B2B with March 5, deck 6 very near the midship elevator by careful choice. If they move me, I’d hope to discuss with Guest Relations where the change will be and about the possible inconvenience of having to make several moves. 
I’d also love to hear from anyone who has experienced this kind of cabin move.

See you on board, Birdnutty!

26 minutes ago, TN Vol Fan said:

I’m in the same quandary. I’m getting on board Feb. 26, B2B with March 5, deck 6 very near the midship elevator by careful choice. If they move me, I’d hope to discuss with Guest Relations where the change will be and about the possible inconvenience of having to make several moves. 
I’d also love to hear from anyone who has experienced this kind of cabin move.

See you on board, Birdnutty!

Looking forward to it!  We'll have to figure out how to meet up.  We're traveling with another couple for the first week, but will be solo the next. 

Birdnutty- How about Sunset Bar at Sailaway? Just look for the only single woman there with a big grin on her face!😀

Thank you CruiseStitch. If it happens, I’m not afraid to make a fuss also.

Edited by TN Vol Fan
New answer

55 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We were just on the Constellation, deck 7.  At check in we were assigned a deck 11 cabin for both legs.

That's great to know.  We'll hope that the same holds true for Apex.  Were you assigned a similar category, or a higher one?

2 hours ago, TN Vol Fan said:

Birdnutty- How about Sunset Bar at Sailaway? Just look for the only single woman there with a big grin on her face!😀

Something tells me there will be many of us there with big grins.  😁

1 hour ago, Birdnutty said:

That's great to know.  We'll hope that the same holds true for Apex.  Were you assigned a similar category, or a higher one?

Yes, a very nice upgrade.  Unfortunately I tested positive after 5 days and ended up back on deck 7.  Was not the b2b we had planned.

11 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Yes, a very nice upgrade.  Unfortunately I tested positive after 5 days and ended up back on deck 7.  Was not the b2b we had planned.

OH NO!!!  That's part of my nightmare...  What happened after that?  Did they offload you after that first week?  Then what?

We too, have a B2B on Apex.  My cruise booking papers had us in 2 different cabins, but they were next door to each other.  Well today I looked at the cruise planner on the Celebrity web site and they had a different cabin for our first leg.  It is on the same floor but on the other side of the ship.  I spent an hour trying to get it changed back to what I had at first, but they said they couldn't change it.  I am trying to look at it in a positive way, I am cruising!  It was bad enough to pack up everything and move it next door but now we have to move it from the opposite side and the view isn't as good as the first one.

1 hour ago, judla said:

We too, have a B2B on Apex.  My cruise booking papers had us in 2 different cabins, but they were next door to each other.  Well today I looked at the cruise planner on the Celebrity web site and they had a different cabin for our first leg.  It is on the same floor but on the other side of the ship.  I spent an hour trying to get it changed back to what I had at first, but they said they couldn't change it.  I am trying to look at it in a positive way, I am cruising!  It was bad enough to pack up everything and move it next door but now we have to move it from the opposite side and the view isn't as good as the first one.

From what I understand, Celebrity will move it for you.  Don't know if they pack and unpack for you too, but at least you don't have to move it all by yourself. 

Also, a trip down to guest services might help once you're onboard.  A nice smile and calm manner explaining the situation might be very helpful.  Since they're cruising at reduced capacity, more rooms are available.   Did you use a TA?

But kathynorth has a point - are they guarantee cabins?  

3 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Judla, were you in a guarantee cabin? What deck was your first cabin on? 

We were not in a guarantee cabin, picked it out ourselves,  Both are on deck 11.  They said we had to pack up everything but hanging clothes, then they would move us.  That is like packing again before we left our house, yikes!  My TA even went to reconciliations but they said the cabin i had paperwork for was given to someone else.  Nothing I can do.  Maybe we will sit in the Martini Bar while they move us

16 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

OH NO!!!  That's part of my nightmare...  What happened after that?  Did they offload you after that first week?  Then what?

Yes, we were disembarked after the first 11 day leg - out the bottom with help from the men in ghostbusters suits fogging the elevator after we're got off.  Currently we are in a hotel until DH reaches 5 days post positive test so we can fly home.  

On 2/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, SbbquilterUT said:

Yes, we were disembarked after the first 11 day leg - out the bottom with help from the men in ghostbusters suits fogging the elevator after we're got off.  Currently we are in a hotel until DH reaches 5 days post positive test so we can fly home.  

Yikes....  Is someone checking on you to make sure the 5 days is fulfilled, or is it the honor system?

Also, would you happen to know if you're about to go on a B2B and you test positive before boarding leg 1, they obviously don't let you board.  If you're asymptomatic and test negative before the next leg would start, would they let you board the next leg?

My concern as well about testing + before second leg. When they put you into the hotel, is X paying for everything (room and food)? Did they say you’ll get a FCC for missed cruise?

Too many possibilities- I’d say if you test - before 2nd leg within the 2 day window everyone is given, X would have to let you on by their own protocols.

At this point, 3 weeks to go and crossing my fingers for a negative test for my first leg!

58 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

Yikes....  Is someone checking on you to make sure the 5 days is fulfilled, or is it the honor system?

Also, would you happen to know if you're about to go on a B2B and you test positive before boarding leg 1, they obviously don't let you board.  If you're asymptomatic and test negative before the next leg would start, would they let you board the next leg?

Yes the honor system - same that made me report to medical when I felt ill.  Personally there is no way we would fly until my husband was 6 days post diagnosis so that meets that situation.

45 minutes ago, TN Vol Fan said:

My concern as well about testing + before second leg. When they put you into the hotel, is X paying for everything (room and food)? Did they say you’ll get a FCC for missed cruise?

Too many possibilities- I’d say if you test - before 2nd leg within the 2 day window everyone is given, X would have to let you on by their own protocols.

At this point, 3 weeks to go and crossing my fingers for a negative test for my first leg!

We were given the budget of $250/night hotel and his food at $100/day (not any for me as I was no longer required to quarantine 😀). The second cruise was cancelled due to my positive test so that is a full refund/fcc based on how it was paid.  No way they will let you sail if you answer yes to positive test within 10 days or close contact with someone positive within 14 days which are on the health questionnaire.  Did have that discussion with senior staff on the ship but currently they are not using a CDC quarantine guideline for length of quarantine.  

1 hour ago, Birdnutty said:

If you're asymptomatic and test negative before the next leg would start, would they let you board the next leg?

No, if you get "contact traced", even with subsequent negative tests, you don't get back on for another leg.  It's a constant worry for many B2B pax.

Edited by canderson

We were on Apex back in July/August for a back-to-back...and our route getting there was far more complicated...We originally booked a back-to-back on Infinity (same cabin) that was canceled, of course...and due to some other crazy factors, ended up switching, originally, to having the first leg on Apex and the second on Infinity...so, no longer a true back-to-back and, obviously, we had to not only move cabins, but move ships!  Then, they moved Apex from the Barcelona to Rome route to an Athens round trip--making it virtually impossible to get off one ship in Athens and join the other in Rome--or rather, since we changed the order, to get off Infinity in Venice and on Apex in Athens... (Eventually, the Infinity cruises were canceled altogether, of course)...

We ended up with a complicated negotiation...and, in the end, wound up with the same Sky Suite on Apex for two legs of the new B2B.  Of course, it was really easy then to find cabins available for both--the cruises sailed with 827 and 856 passengers respectively...

But that was then, this is now:  We have also had to move two other trips--on Summit to Iceland/Greenland in August 2022 and to Japan/Transpacific B2B in April/May 2023.  What is happening now is that those cruises are, once again, sold out.  For our Japan cruise--we had the same great cabin picked out for both...but it has now been delayed twice...and the 2023 version as sold out when we had to make the move...and we were unable to originally pick ANY cabin--getting booked to guarantee rates on both.   We were able later to either find a suddenly open cabin on the second...and get assigned one on the first leg...Not the same cabin OR category.  We'll move from 7222 (2A verandah) on the first to 9296 (C2 Concierge) on the second leg...

We'll learn to live with it--we are just happy to be cruising again...