Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, sharon&family said:

I will be going on my first Royal Caribbean cruise this April.  I had purchased a dining package for 3 days but after seeing the buffet I think I will cancel it.  I will be very happy with the dining room and all the free food on the ship.  I'm so excited for my cruise on the Harmony.  I hope it has a buffet as good as this one.  Are all the ships similar?

I also purchased a 3 meal specialty dining package and have done so on my last two Royal Caribbean cruises. My experience is that he main dining room food is good with good service but the specialty restaurants had excellent food with excellent service. The food is cooked in smaller quantities and often when you order it instead of being prepared banquet style. Specialty restaurants were less crowded and less noisy. My favorite was Giovanni's on the Liberty.

Edited by cruisinfly
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:31 AM, topnole said:

I’ve been on Harmony so I have a good feel for how the boardwalk is now on oasis (with the slide), but I haven’t done the amped oasis.    We’ve done Allure and Oasis a bunch before Covid. Curious your opinion of whether you like the old version or the amped boardwalk better.  We are on allure next and I’m quite happy not to have the slide back there.  

Someone asked about the Harmony. We’ve been on all of the Oasis class ships and the Harmony is our least favourite. It may be a small thing but there is no pool in the Solarium unless they somehow installed one later. All of the Oasis class ships are great…on the Symphony we were on a TA cruise from Barcelona back to Florida. It was a beautiful ship but the sun shone on the windows in the solarium (and there are a ton) and it was unbearable so very few people were ever in the lower part.

On different cruises going in different directions I’m sure it was much more enjoyable.

21 minutes ago, nascartony20fan1 said:

Your opinion…. We are scheduled on Oasis but thinking of switching to Mardi Gras. Any advice? 

Wow that is a loaded question!  It will depend on what you want from your cruise vacation.  If you like self service don’t mind the buffet and get food yourself at lots of quick service places, don’t care about the speed of MDR service, loud crowded pool decks, loud music, lots of entertainment then Mardi Gras is the way to go.  If you want to be semi pampered and enjoy a little bit more personal service, big production shows and Central Park setting with the specialty dinning options then Oasis will be a better fit.  I like them both for different reasons.

@BennyBrun....I remember visiting Roatan pre Carnival Mahogany Bay and we used to be able to buy awesome local coffee!

Over the years Roatan has become "not so safe".  We had many lovely visits to Tambyana Beach, but now from what I read there is a safety and theft issue there.  I agree with you those cruising and docking at Coxen Hole should take a ship excursion rather than venture out on their own.  Same with Belize!  But JMO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun....I remember visiting Roatan pre Carnival Mahogany Bay and we used to be able to buy awesome local coffee!

Over the years Roatan has become "not so safe".  We had many lovely visits to Tambyana Beach, but now from what I read there is a safety and theft issue there.  I agree with you those cruising and docking at Coxen Hole should take a ship excursion rather than venture out on their own.  Same with Belize!  But JMO

I agree with you as well.  If you are in Coxen Hole you should take ship excursion.  Especially in Belize.  Carnival now docks at Mohagny Bay which I heard is very nice and hopefully I will get there with my Celebration Holiday cruise this year.

33 minutes ago, poocher said:

On Mariner in 2020, I remember WJ having the most perfectly roasted chicken.  I could and did have a plateful every night.  So simple yet so well prepared.  Have you seen any?

I see roasted chicken mostly at lunch time.  They are much more fancy at dinner time lol.

15 minutes ago, luvs2cruzga said:

great review.  Do you know how many passengers they are expecting next week.  We board on Sunday.

I don’t have an exact number yet but I will ask tomorrow because they get their manifest tomorrow and also the number will change depending on last minute cancellations, flight delays, traffic delays, etc