? Cruise the Vineyards

PekingeseLady

I'm sailing 14 days on the Miracle. I searched first but couldn't find what I needed. 

Does anyone have current pricing on the Cruise the Vineyards packages?  On Carnival website I found the Information that there is a Basic and Premium and it listed the wine under. But no mention of number of bottles or prices.

Thanks in advance ☺ 

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I want to say the 3-bottle basic package is $67 (or at least it was pre-COVID and last time I sailed Carnival in October).  I'll try to remember to get prices and current choices on Freedom next week.

thanks. I am intersted in the same information

10 minutes ago, Momma1980 said:

So helpful! Thank you for posting. Do you recall where the package was being sold?

It varies by ship.  On some ships they have a table set up on boarding day, usually on the Lido deck between Guy's Burger's and the Blue Iguana Restaurant.  But you can always buy from your MDR waiter, which I try to do in case they get some kind of commission or part of the tip.

The posted sign says Cherry on Top, where I believe you can also buy it.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mikes said:

I took this photo on the 01/17/2022 Carnival Sunshine sailing:

20220126_100120.jpg

I'm basic wine drinker so always get the basic wine package.  The basic selections have remained pretty much the same for several years, with the exception Kathie Lee Gifford's GIIFT wine.  Carnival originally sold it by the bottle at a price point higher than the other basic wines, but apparently they have a contract to buy a certain quantity or just have a ton on hand that they can't sell at that price point, for them to add it to the basic list.

Last cruise I tried the GIIFT Pinot Grigio and then went back to my old standby Zonin.

22 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

Thank you everyone so much. I guess Miracle is a bit more pricy. My group posted for me.  Premium for 5 bottles was 198. So it does change ship to ship. 

I believe that Carnival adds an 18% gratuity to the $168......that would bring it to $198.24.  Also....if you buy it while still in port sales tax will also be additional.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mikes said:

I believe that Carnival adds an 18% gratuity to the $168......that would bring it to $198.24.  Also....if you buy it while still in port sales tax will also be additional.

Sales tax is only applied as you actually order the bottle you want to drink, not when you buy the package.  So unless you have a late departure time (like San Juan when Carnival homeports there) or are cruising from New Orleans (where you're on the Mississippi River and in LA waters until about midnight when you reach the Gulf), you're unlikely to have to pay taxes on any of the bottles.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Momma1980 said:

If an additional service charge is added, the value decreases significantly. 

It's the same 18% gratuity added to any bottle or glass of wine you order. As long as you're consistent in comparing price per bottle in package vs. a la carte either before or after gratuity, the percentage savings are the same.