Sydney to Bali excursion

Wuzzle10

It is not unusual for there to be no tours showing for smaller ports especially for cruises almost a year out. One of two things could be going on…..no tours are available or they have not  finalized the tour options yet. Check back later or call  Regent.

We're on the same cruise (Jan. 2023).  When we did a cruise in 2018 we had a port call at Fakarava.  There simply weren't any shore excursions available.  So we got off the ship and rented bikes and rode the small atoll, stopping to snorkel as we desired, seeing some beautiful scenery and, of course, the "duty beer" at a small restaurant on the atoll.  One of my favorite port stops on a 44 night cruise. 

I'm wondering if Whitsunday Island will be the same sort of thing.  But if anyone finds the excursions posted, a heads up here would be nice. 😎

Edited by papaflamingo

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

We're on the same cruise (Jan. 2023).  When we did a cruise in 2018 we had a port call at Fakarava.  There simply weren't any shore excursions available.  So we got off the ship and rented bikes and rode the small atoll, stopping to snorkel as we desired, seeing some beautiful scenery and, of course, the "duty beer" at a small restaurant on the atoll.  One of my favorite port stops on a 44 night cruise. 

I'm wondering if Whitsunday Island will be the same sort of thing.  But if anyone finds the excursions posted, a heads up here would be nice. 😎

go to post #41

Edited by Lonedaddy

4 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Which ship?  We have done the Whitsundays.  If I know which ship, I can check the roll call for what is there and may have recommendations.

explorer  goes auk-syd-bali jan 23

Edited by Lonedaddy

12 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks!!! I'll call my TA and see if she can book one for us. 

we are going on the great barrier reef adventure they have an option for scuba diving on it.  similar to the one out of Cairns.  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:43 AM, Lonedaddy said:

we are going on the great barrier reef adventure they have an option for scuba diving on it.  similar to the one out of Cairns.  

We have the Great Barrier Reef booked out of Cairns.  But I was able to get my TA to book an excursion for us in Whitsunday, so thanks so much for the great information!  We opted for the Fun in the Sun Cruise.  😎

13 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

We have the Great Barrier Reef booked out of Cairns.  But I was able to get my TA to book an excursion for us in Whitsunday, so thanks so much for the great information!  We opted for the Fun in the Sun Cruise.  😎

The two Great Barrier Reef are similar and go to those pontoon islands but they are different locations on the reef several hundred miles apart .  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

The two Great Barrier Reef are similar and go to those pontoon islands but they are different locations on the reef several hundred miles apart .  

Yeah... I looked at them and it looks like the one out of Whitsunday is exclusive to Regent (wording says "a floating resort designated for your exclusive use," where Cairns says "the pontoon might not be" exclusive.  But it's a shorter ride to the reef and more time on the pontoon,, and since we didn't have the Whitsunday Island tours when we selected we decided to grab the one in Cairns.   We're going to look at changing it. 

Anybody else looking at alternatives in bali to the 3 day land?   You can book hotels now at some places and you can book a suite or very nice OCV room for $200-300 bucks at some very nice hotels.  I was thinking of taking the 1500 credit and doing bali on my own.  Private all day tours are like $70 bucks for 7-8 hrs!  they have diving for $70 2 tank and lunch and private transport 

on another note does anyone know what airlines regent is using to NZ ?  

Edited by Lonedaddy

• 4 months later...

We are departing our Australian and New Zealand cruise, March of next year, in Bali. We will have a flight out of Bali around 8:30 P.M. We would like to hear suggestions for things to do or excursions we might take before we leave for the airport. Thank you in advance.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:49 AM, eddieg07410 said:

We are departing our Australian and New Zealand cruise, March of next year, in Bali. We will have a flight out of Bali around 8:30 P.M. We would like to hear suggestions for things to do or excursions we might take before we leave for the airport. Thank you in advance.

There are lots of things to do.  I would suggest something like Viator to get an idea but hiring a private car for the day is inexpensive maybe 100 bucks depending on where you go, but you can basically customize your itinerary