La petite chef?

Cruisingrampy

On 2/11/2022 at 7:17 PM, DrKoob said:

I bother because I want Celebrity to stop marketing their horrid crapola they are pushing. We have such a history of sailing with them, we don't really want to stop. We have always loved them. I know I am beating my head against a wall but I still miss the old X. Every year they take away more and more. Restaurants, the value of our Elite Plus status, the advent of the E-class with the outside staterooms with a window that opens and places on the ship that not everyone can access unless you are rich enough to afford a suite. They were not this way in the past. They were the classy, premium cruise line. 

We were onboard in Feb 2020 and had a great time were missing so much we used to love. We are sailing again in May on Millennium but that may be the last time. I was just telling my bride that I need to stop going to the Celebrity boards and I guess I will after our Millie cruise. 

And I did not say I hated Le Petit Chef. I said I hated that they replaced the food that they used to serve in Qsine and that they replaced it with a show. I admit, I am a foodie. I love long dinners with really interesting food. Since they have changed their specialty restaurants so many times since we started sailing with them in 2004 (the old specialty restaurants on the M-class were so awesome) maybe they will change again.

@DrKoob it is easy to understand what you are saying about all of the changes in Celebrity in the past few years.  There are many threads and posts here on CC on a number of these points particularly from some long time Celebrity cruisers.  Very few actually leave it seems to me.  It seems like you will.    I think the reason that most "complain and stay anyway"  is because long time cruisers of every other cruise line point out the very same things.  So where do you go?  It is still about all of us choosing the best cruise experience and value for our set of expectations and budgets.   There were lots of things in the past that I liked that have gone away.  But there are things in the present that I like much better.  I am one to embrace change as both a positive and negative set of events.  I am still with Celebrity based on my view of things.  And willing to try other lines and compare.  If you are done with Celebrity, then I truly hope you find your new cruising sweet spot.   But could I ask that in the future you come back to the Celebrity Board and tell us where and why?  Happy cruising.😀

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Agreed (and we have yet to try Le Petit Chef)!

For those who have tried it - have you found the pre-cruise app to accurately reflect the menus on various nights? (not only for Le Petit Chef, but for Luminae)

For our 2/26 Reflection sailing, they're showing one menu for nights 1-4, and another for nights 5-7.

Thanks,

Tom

My experience was that the pre-cruise ap was wrong, and terribly confusing if you didn't know about the different shows.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

@DrKoob it is easy to understand what you are saying about all of the changes in Celebrity in the past few years.  There are many threads and posts here on CC on a number of these points particularly from some long time Celebrity cruisers.  Very few actually leave it seems to me.  It seems like you will.    I think the reason that most "complain and stay anyway"  is because long time cruisers of every other cruise line point out the very same things.  So where do you go?  It is still about all of us choosing the best cruise experience and value for our set of expectations and budgets.   There were lots of things in the past that I liked that have gone away.  But there are things in the present that I like much better.  I am one to embrace change as both a positive and negative set of events.  I am still with Celebrity based on my view of things.  And willing to try other lines and compare.  If you are done with Celebrity, then I truly hope you find your new cruising sweet spot.   But could I ask that in the future you come back to the Celebrity Board and tell us where and why?  Happy cruising.😀

change is inevitable, normal, and necessary, one can choose to live in the past, I choose to live for today and whatever tomorrow's I have.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I read this thread prior to the cruise, and hesitantly booked Le Petit Chef. I figured it would be rather gimmicky and have mediocre quality food. I was wrong... we both enjoyed it a lot, and even cancelled Tuscan Grille (Reflection) on the last night to try the second menu.

I have images from our first dinner there, but didn't take any during the second - wanting instead to experience it (not looking at my phone). The ravioli was perfect, the steak - amazing. Regarding the steak (sirloin), I was really shocked - it was better than the prime dry-aged NY Strip steak I had in Tuscan the following night.

We're booked on the Reflection again for Thanksgiving, and will be enjoying Le Petit Chef again... perhaps twice !!

Both evenings there were perhaps 15-20 people in there total:

i-mTH2Kxx-X3.jpg

i-cW3dQxt-X3.jpg

i-BDtzCzZ-X3.jpg

i-8sm9HpK-X3.jpg

Tom 

• Like 2