Trading FD/EMS T-shirts

Medic411

Here in Skagway, all of this is volunteer, [along with a lot of other things] Half of my family and both of my friends are involved. I tell them that I hang back and answer the call when they are all in those silly meetings, training sessions, etc.!?!

They do have some kind of a tradeoff program or you can buy shirts to support the department. The fire dept. is located at fifth and state which is only one block from our trinket alley, which is Broadway, which only the most adventurous venture off of!?! Good luck! DD

I speak "volunteer" very well. We will venture off the main tourist street and look for the department. I can trade and also willing to buy to support department. I thought it would be a cool way to meet locals and new friends. I have 30 plus years in EMS, still teaching EMT classes. Ready to retire ;)

• 1 month later...

Ok, not just to "bump" but to know how many Ts to bring and sizes. Also, I will have patches, some very collectible as they are "vintage" from the early days of EMS in Sandusky County and NW Ohio areas. Of course I realize, fire/ems people in Alaska are not reading this. LOL.

Cool, I got some responses: I will pack what I have, stop in at every FD/EMS station I see and we can trade. I am willing to purchase Ts if there is a fundraiser. I owe my boss as he always brings back a Tshirt for me. We (hubby and I on our 40th anniversary trip, sis in law and bro-outlaw) will be on the Spirit southbound from Whittier on June 21-28. Hope to meet you all.

They do have some kind of a tradeoff program or you can buy shirts to support the department. The fire dept. is located at fifth and state which is only one block from our trinket alley, which is Broadway, which only the most adventurous venture off of!?! Good luck! DD

Thanks for the info Dave. The town I grew up in (Kalama, WA) had a all volunteer dept that did fantastic work. So IMO a shirt from a vol force could make a great souvenir, I'll swing by and buy one (hope they have Double Chubby ie:XXL)

-Monte

I am so glad I saw your posts. My son is in firefighter training, and I am sure would much rather have t-shirts from fire departments in Alaska, than a generic Alaska t-shirt!! We'll definitely be adding fire departments to our shore excursion list in May!!:)

Archived