New to Princess...1 question

conchqn

If they see alcohol they will confiscate and return it to you on the evening prior to disembarking. However, they do have a very good selection of alcohol for purchase for use in the cabin from room service. It isn't duty free pricing but decent enough that we just buy it when we board.

Could all experienced Princess travellers tell me what the policy is for bringing alcohol on board? Thanks, Pat

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage.html

Here is an excerpt from the "Princess Passage Contract".

Carrier kindly requests that You do not bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free, from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call will be collected by Carrier personnel for safekeeping and delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of Carrier’s security staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of Your alcoholic beverage purchases. A corkage fee of $10.00 per bottle will be applied to wine and champagne consumed in the ship’s restaurant.

Go ahead and read the contract. The quote I made is from section 5.

Have a nice cruise.:)

The alcohol products that you purchase through room service is sold at about double the normal price. Plus you will feel obligated to give a tip. You can bring wine aboard at embarkation, but I don't believe you can bring wine to your room that you purchased while visiting a port.

Of course you can become a smuggler, like many others have done.

Clear spirits look ok in a water bottle. Amber spirits look pretty good in an apple juice bottle. Not that I have ever done anthing like that .....

Tom O where do you live that you can get liquor for 1/2 the price as on Princess. I found that the prices were comparable to those that I get at Costco. Example: Grey Goose at Costco for 1.75 liters is about $49 and a liter on board a Princess ship is $30. Are you comparing the price for a fifth which is 750 ml to the prices for a liter on board ship?

If they see alcohol they will confiscate and return it to you on the evening prior to disembarking. However, they do have a very good selection of alcohol for purchase for use in the cabin from room service. It isn't duty free pricing but decent enough that we just buy it when we board.

Hey Donnaw,

I was just looking at your photo albums. I was so glad to see the pictures you took of your balcony on the Grand. I noticed that diagonal balcony many times when viewing pictures of the grand class ships. I've always wondered what that balcony looked like. Now I finally know. Looks like a pretty cool layout. How did you like it?

Steven

Hey Donnaw,

I was just looking at your photo albums. I was so glad to see the pictures you took of your balcony on the Grand. I noticed that diagonal balcony many times when viewing pictures of the grand class ships. I've always wondered what that balcony looked like. Now I finally know. Looks like a pretty cool layout. How did you like it?

Steven

How about it has spoiled us! About the only other thing I would consider would be an aft balcony after that one. We booked AD and it was assigned to us. Best upgrade Princess has ever given us. If you get the chance, go for it!

The alcohol products that you purchase through room service is sold at about double the normal price. Plus you will feel obligated to give a tip. You can bring wine aboard at embarkation, but I don't believe you can bring wine to your room that you purchased while visiting a port.

QUOTE]

HUH??? 1 liter of Absolute vodka is $20 from room service. That is cheaper than I can buy it at home so why would I smuggle it??

Scott

Tom O where do you live that you can get liquor for 1/2 the price as on Princess. I found that the prices were comparable to those that I get at Costco. Example: Grey Goose at Costco for 1.75 liters is about $49 and a liter on board a Princess ship is $30. Are you comparing the price for a fifth which is 750 ml to the prices for a liter on board ship?

I was comparing whiskey. Princess charges $37 for a liter of Jack Daniels and $22 for a liter of Seagrams 7 Crown (as per the 2005 Princess Cruising Guide). That is higher than the going price for 1/2 gallons of the same products. Maybe Vodka is a better buy on Princess than whiskey.

Officially, wine and champagne are allowed, beer and liquor are not.

Princess is phasing out onboard/pre-cruise purchases of liquor except for small room service packages including 750ML (half-pint) bottles with a couple of sodas. The pre-cruise ordering has already been discontinued and there are conflicting reports on onboard purchases so they are "iffy" and on a ship-by-ship basis at this time.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived