Masks no longer required / No more testing at pier

WNcruiser

39 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Thanks.  I guess I’m puzzled as to why there is so much discussion about quarantine.  If you have Covid and are without symptoms there is no way to know you would need to isolate.  It will be nice to not have testing hanging over our heads every few days.  Makes me feel we really are moving past this nightmare.

Cannot agree.I hope I am wrong but it seems that if you are declared to have been near an infected person (possibly exposed) you must be quarantined for 5 days. Please explain how this is not in itself a potential nightmare?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, edgee said:

Cannot agree.I hope I am wrong but it seems that if you are declared to have been near an infected person (possibly exposed) you must be quarantined for 5 days. Please explain how this is not in itself a potential nightmare?

Well, you are right.  I don’t disagree at all and you have a good point.  I guess I’m trying to be overly optimistic. The scenario you mention still hovers over our heads.  

Joanie

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Well, you are right.  I don’t disagree at all and you have a good point.  I guess I’m trying to be overly optimistic. The scenario you mention still hovers over our heads.  

Joanie

We are just solidifying shore excursions for July Alaska cruise on Mariner. Just thinking that I may have to worry that if a fellow passenger on the float plane excursion I am splurging for ends up with covid, I will be considered exposed and locked up for at least 5 days. If the cruise ends before my quarantine, will I be turned over to Canadian authorities in Vancouver to finish a quarantine even if I have zero symptoms? I cannot believe that the cruise lines are swallowing this CDC overzealousness hook line and sinker (to put it politely.)

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Regent plans on becoming designated as a “ vaccination standard of excellence” cruise line ( as per CDC guidelines), or stay with the “highly vaccinated” status? If they stay as highly vaccinated, then the quarantine period is 10 days not 5. No one wants to quarantine on board, but if forced,  I’d rather do 5 days than 10.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Does anyone know if Regent plans on becoming designated as a “ vaccination standard of excellence” cruise line ( as per CDC guidelines), or stay with the “highly vaccinated” status? If they stay as highly vaccinated, then the quarantine period is 10 days not 5. No one wants to quarantine on board, but if forced,  I’d rather do 5 days than 10.

They already committed to Standard of Excellence....and the day of diagnosis doesn't count toward the 10 so it is 11....possible 12 depending on how the ship's staff interprets the rules (which are not available for public reading).

49 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

They already committed to Standard of Excellence

Ok, so when does this change take effect? Standard of Excellence requires 95% or more of crew and guests to be “up to date” with vaccination.  CDC is defining “ up to date” as being “fully vaccinated” plus a booster,  Regent currently requires “fully vaccinated” (defined as 2 shots) and the CDC is showing Regent ships as “highly vaccinated” (2 shots)classification but not Standard of Excellence (3 shots).