Masks no longer required / No more testing at pier

WNcruiser

3 hours ago, cicirider said:

For the last two years, I have been an avid proponent of masking in crowded places like the supermarket and airport but since everyone must be vaccinated to book and board on a cruise I really am loathe to wear a mask on a tropical cruise. It's such a buzzkill. We are sailing on Splendor and departing one day before the March 1st change. I really hope they apply the no mask needed policy to our cruise. I've been regretting booking this trip ever since I read that everyone is expected to be masked the entire time when not eating or in your cabin. Anyone know if March 1 is across the board the day they lift the mandate, or is it only for cruises departing after March 1?

We can only hope that the head office will have a slight change of heart for those who took the risk to book February cruises when things were not looking so good. It strikes me as Kabuki theatre to assume that there is any difference between 2/14 and 3/1, especially since everyone must still be vaccinated to board and show proof of a negative test within 48 hours of boarding.

Edited by Aloha 1
  • Like 4

OK, so just read this "update" from the CDC and wholeheartedly agree FDR should NOT voluntarily commit NCLH to this out of date "program". What a joke. CLIA is on record as being "dismayed" by the backward position taken by CDC toward the cruise industry. Vaccinations and a pre cruise test are sufficient at this point in time. 

Not getting into the mask debate…but my question is- will there be any change to the onboard quarantine policy?  It’s all great to not be masked onboard and to have reduced pre-embarkation testing but what happens if you actually are/test positive on a cruise? Are you still confined to your suite for 10 days?? Personally I’d rather wear my mask to avoid this, just my choice.  And what if you disembark and need a negative test to fly to your home country…what happens then? Still not a great vacation experience. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, piscean said:

If it’s any help we also are in the UK and will be on Voyager April 25th and will probably use https://www.expresstest.co.uk/london-heathrow-airport/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvJaYya3z9QIVQ-rtCh1DdgaVEAAYASAAEgLsVfD_BwE#Book

We used them in October and found them ok

It’s the PLF’s I hope will be removed before we sail…

Thank you. With the government announcement yesterday that self isolation, even if you test positive, is likely to be no longer necessary I personally can’t see the point of Passenger Locator Forms. 

15 hours ago, cicirider said:

For the last two years, I have been an avid proponent of masking in crowded places like the supermarket and airport but since everyone must be vaccinated to book and board on a cruise I really am loathe to wear a mask on a tropical cruise. It's such a buzzkill. We are sailing on Splendor and departing one day before the March 1st change. I really hope they apply the no mask needed policy to our cruise. I've been regretting booking this trip ever since I read that everyone is expected to be masked the entire time when not eating or in your cabin. Anyone know if March 1 is across the board the day they lift the mandate, or is it only for cruises departing after March 1?

Good morning @cicirider - the change in mask policy is effecitve on 3/1 for all ships, regardless of when the cruise begins. The policy was clarified yesterday: 

image.thumb.png.9a726e0d51bc75f7f3a1ed86d8b448fb.png 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Moore said:

Good morning @cicirider - the change in mask policy is effecitve on 3/1 for all ships, regardless of when the cruise begins. The policy was clarified yesterday: 

Thanks for that , Mike. A small consolation at least but still begs the question of why not just start this on 2/15? There's nothing magical about 3/1 and covid.

14 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Wear a mask if it makes you feel better.  You will not be judged. But let the rest of us feel free to NOT wear one if we so choose.  We are all vaccinated.  You protect you.  I'll protect me. End of story.

Well in my universe, masks are still worn to protect others, in the main, not yourself.  I know N95's are supposed to provide some protection to the individuals wearing them, but still.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

CDC draconian voluntary program

Does anyone have a brief summary of this so described program? I tried to read it on the CDC website but apparently some bureaucrat didn’t learn how to synthesize and summarize information in an executive summary format.  

I’m curious what these “draconian” measures are? Is it having 100% vaccinated cruises? Is that the issue or is it simply continuing to wear a mask?

It is crazy all cruise lines are having different requirements we are booked on a SilverSea cruise and cruises after 01 March you must have  proof of a BOOSTER stamp on your VAX card  surprised Regent has not asked for proof to be submitted-- it is getting crazy 

to post #61

The CDC is getting into the act with "new" optional (opt in) voluntary guidelines (?) not sure that this is the correct term. google cdc covid guidelines, then scroll down to 2/9 USA Today's coverage for a layman's (or woman's) explanation of the new hurdles - draconian measures - which the CDC has created to enforce the mask issue....... Aloha1, thank you for the heads up ...my head is down over this one.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but I’m not getting all this “draconian talk” here.  I’d rather be on the “vaccination standard of excellence” ship with 95% of guests and crew vaccinated and boosted.  The reality is that the vast vast majority of Regent guests (given age demographics) are already boosted.  The new CDC standard REDUCES the onboard quarantine to 5 days.  Not ideal but likely necessary until life returns back to “normal” whatever that will be.  So is this all about a segment of people who just don’t want to cruise and wear a mask? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Sorry, but I’m not getting all this “draconian talk” here.  I’d rather be on the “vaccination standard of excellence” ship with 95% of guests and crew vaccinated and boosted.  The reality is that the vast vast majority of Regent guests (given age demographics) are already boosted.  The new CDC standard REDUCES the onboard quarantine to 5 days.  Not ideal but likely necessary until life returns back to “normal” whatever that will be.  So is this all about a segment of people who just don’t want to cruise and wear a mask? 

CDC says "do not cruise" 

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

CDC says "do not cruise" 

I agree that all these government “do not cruise/travel” warnings need to be updated. The reality is that unless this impedes your ability to get travel insurance, no one who intends to travel is paying any attention to these warnings anymore. What is more important IMO, are the guidelines to keep yourself healthy while cruising.  Agree or disagree, that is what the CDC is trying to do in the interim until infections are no longer a threat to public health.  Some will say that time has already come…others are not quite there yet. It’s a personal choice.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, scottie920 said:

Thank you. With the government announcement yesterday that self isolation, even if you test positive, is likely to be no longer necessary I personally can’t see the point of Passenger Locator Forms. 

Although testing is no longer required for entry to the UK if fully vaccinated, Passenger Locator Forms must still be submitted prior to travel in order to confirm vaccination status & travel history.

UK Gov Press Release

UK Gov entry requirements (England)

On 2/10/2022 at 8:00 AM, Mike Moore said:

Mike - if you are going to answer questions here it's really going to open the door....=)

Can you please provide us with a written copy of the onboard quarantine policy/procedures? There have been posts to Cruise Critic by passengers IN quarantine who have been refused a copy of Regent's policy on quarantine. I think the vast majority of us are fine with playing by the rules (keeping people safe and keeping the company solvent are our top priorities)...but the refusal to share these rules with guests whom have already been quarantined is very strange. We deserve better communication on this subject. 

Thank you for choosing to take part in these discussions. 

As masking requirements change by the minute so do rules about having/ showing vaccination 

cards. A very complex and confusing time for most of us. The need for quarantine if positive seems

also to have changed ...including advice to do nothing [unthinkable a month ago] unless symptomatic in which case you should stay home/ i.e relative self isolation. So unless someone were sufficiently ill to need medical center admission, it is difficult to imagine how a cruise line could justify removing someone from their cabin and placing them in quarantine......let alone for 10 days.  The latter number seems to have fallen off most recent guidance programs.

The CDC will eventually catch up! It is still saying don't sail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Mike - if you are going to answer questions here it's really going to open the door....=)

Afraid I need to limit myself to website-related things about which I can speak intelligently. 🙂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

Afraid I need to limit myself to website-related things about which I can speak intelligently. 🙂

Maybe you could share the request with someone who might be able to clarify the quarantine policy? I am certain that there are many who will not sail, not because they are afraid of Covid, but because they are afraid of being put into a 10 - 12 day quarantine without knowing the rules. Either way, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share info with us here. It really is the best PR Regent can buy.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Maybe you could share the request with someone who might be able to clarify the quarantine policy?

As you seem to be very knowledgable and in the know with Regent why not ask one of the people you know or the Client relations person (Jennefer) that posts here occasionally rather than ask a person who has nothing to do with that area and is pretty busy trying to put out a revised website.