EZ-Air Not So EZ

I object 2

I've been trying to book flights through Princess online for several weeks only to receive error messages to contact Princess.  I've contacted Princess several times - been on hold several hours each time - hung up and tried again - finally reached persons who transferred me to the Air Department only to be disconnected.  The flights we need to book will not begin in our home city and the return flight will start at the disembarkation port and return to our home city (not the city we originally started from) so this must be handled through the air department.   Does anyone have a direct number for Princess Air Department?  

34 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sorry you're having so much trouble.  As best I know...you cannot call the Air Dept. direct. You *used* to be able to but I think that was stopped a couple of years ago.  Not what you want to hear, I know.

After 2 hours on hold with the Princess 1-800 number, a live person transferred me to the Air Department.  I've been on the phone with her for 30 minutes.  She can't book the flights either so she has me on hold (another 30 minutes so far) and is contacting someone else.  Not EZ is it?  🙂

Hooray!  Problem solved and flights are booked!  The air booking department discovered the problem was due to moving our cancelled 2020 transatlantic cruise to a 2022 transatlantic replacement.  The info didn't transfer well.  I hope this information will be helpful to others who might experience booking air for replacement cruises.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I object 2 said:

Hooray!  Problem solved and flights are booked!  The air booking department discovered the problem was due to moving our cancelled 2020 transatlantic cruise to a 2022 transatlantic replacement.  The info didn't transfer well.  I hope this information will be helpful to others who might experience booking air for replacement cruises.   

Before I got to this final update, I was thinking this and it is worth noting:

You can book different legs with EZ-Air online self-service (open jaw).  But I guess the two airports need to be in proximity of each other.  You can add stop city too.

• Like 2

I had the same issue. Also occurred after moving a cruise due to the pandemic. Error message looks like the one below. After many tries to book air and a couple of calls with long waits, I was told that my reservation was "Frozen." The EZ-Air rep has to get a supervisor to unfreeze the reservation before my air could be completed. I was waiting on hold for her to complete this when my phone lost battery power and disconnected me. 
Note -- not every CSR will be able (or smart enough?) to look up the Frozen status of your reservation. If you get a message like the one I received (again and again), ask the CSR to check the status of your reservation. It may need to be unfrozen.
I strongly suggested to Princess via tweet that any "Frozen" reservations be so labeled on the Cruise Summary page. We passengers should be able to know if our cruises are stuck in limbo.

PrincessErrorMessage.png

• Thanks 1

I was getting this same error.  After spending about 5 hours with Princess, including Chat, it was finally resolved.  My original cruise was booked with a FCD.  Princess cancelled that cruise, and the booking was moved to the one we have now.  However, even though the FCD showed as a credit on my new booking summary, it did not transfer properly.  After several phone calls - and being cut off a few times - a very helpful rep put me in touch with EZair, and they said my booking required a deposit.  I explained what happened.  I was put on hold while she contacted guest services and the FCD was recorded correctly.  When the EZair rep came back on the line, she held on while I booked our flights!  Success!!  So, it almost seems that if you are getting a similar error, chances are your booking was originally for a different cruise and something did not transfer correctly.  Hope this helps!