Puerto Rico Declaration Form

Calbeeman

Anyone recently been on a cruise out of San Juan that can give guidance on which form to fill out on PR Travelsafe site? We are coming into PR 3 days ahead of our cruise. Do I need to fill out the form in the ‘add a trip’ option or ‘add a cruise trip’ option, or both? Do you have to present the QR code to authorities for scanning upon arrival? Also is it true that you no longer need to provide a negative Covid test to enter PR if you are fully vaccinated?

We also are coming in prior to our San Juan cruise. How far in advance can you fill out the Travelsafe form? Is just taking a pic on my iPhone good enough for the QR code. You still have to have a neg covid test to board the ship though. I wish they would stretch out that 2 days to three days out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1northstar said:

When filling out the PR Travelsafe declaration your option is “ add a cruise. ” The QR code is is presented upon arrival. As of just recent fully vaccinated no longer need to provide a negative Covid test. 

Thank you!

@Ashland: Having just spent three weeks in January on Explorer when P.R. previously required testing we filled out the declaration the evening before our flights since we were waiting on test results. There are posters of the QR in the San Juan airport if needed. Otherwise taking a screenshot will suffice. If you are unable to obtain proctored home-testing such as the kits you purchase from Royal, you can always make an appointment for testing at the Pan American pier as a last resort. Proof of vaccination will have to be provided to officials if you are going ashore in Bonaire.  

• Thanks 1

Print the QR code from TravelSafe. That's what we did for our Jan 23 cruise. 

I first registered with TravelSafe and uploaded vax card scans a few weeks ahead of flying. We tested preflight to San Juan, uploaded test results, received the QR code on their web site,and printed the page. It's huge but works just fine.

You pick up your luggage then go to the exit where they scan your printed code. Very quick and easy.

Each traveler must have their own TravelSafe account, BTW. 

Edited by Sobro
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sobro said:

I first registered with TravelSafe and uploaded vax card scans a few weeks ahead of flying. We tested preflight to San Juan, uploaded test results, received the QR code on their web site,and printed the page. It's huge but works just fine.

You pick up your luggage then go to the exit where they scan your printed code. Very quick and easy.

Sounds like a bunch of, never mind. But If that's what it takes, then we are in line for it. Thanks. Can I register any time. Our first leg of our B2B cruise out of San Juan on the Explorer is 13 March. At least we don't need to worry about this hoop for the second leg. 

Yes you can register at TravelSafe any time and upload your Vax cards.

I wouldn't try to register a trip with them until very close to sailing since PR may change protocols again. 

And if negative test is required by Royal to sail I`d wait until negative results before actually going back into TravelSafe. 

We sailed Norwegian Epic week 1 and Explorer week 2 but TravelSafe registration didn't have a provision for that so I lied and told them I was on Explorer both weeks.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1northstar said:

@Ashland: Having just spent three weeks in January on Explorer when P.R. previously required testing we filled out the declaration the evening before our flights since we were waiting on test results. There are posters of the QR in the San Juan airport if needed. Otherwise taking a screenshot will suffice. If you are unable to obtain proctored home-testing such as the kits you purchase from Royal, you can always make an appointment for testing at the Pan American pier as a last resort. Proof of vaccination will have to be provided to officials if you are going ashore in Bonaire.  

I would like to make an appt at the Pan American pier as a back up but when I go to what I think is the site to do that it has nothing available. Is it because I'm too far out with my cruise date of March 20th?

3 hours ago, Sobro said:

Each traveler must have their own TravelSafe account, BTW. 

So I need to fill out one Travelsafe form (account) for each of us...had no idea...thanks.

34 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I would like to make an appt at the Pan American pier as a back up but when I go to what I think is the site to do that it has nothing available. Is it because I'm too far out with my cruise date of March 20th?

No appointments for our 13 March sail date either. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 1northstar said:

You may been too far out from your sail date for an appt to pop up. 

It opened for us On Feb 22nd and have booked to take the test at the pier in San Juan as a back up and will cancel if not needed if I do the eMed online test.