Live! Brilliantseas on the Carnival Sunrise - February 12-17, 2022

brilliantseas

Back in Miami with a view of Carnival Ecstasy docked next door. 

20220217_065610.thumb.jpg.0ff46512a1531a91abb98ddecf70ffa3.jpg

20220217_065042.thumb.jpg.b94bb13e686c0eccbbec393b70fd1087.jpg

One last trip to the Sunshine Restaurant for breakfast. I opted for an omelet and some bacon. 

20220217_080550.thumb.jpg.37b629254e78a56187b4d6832d3a5835.jpg

After breakfast it was back to 9200 to grab our bags and take one last photo of our beautiful floor-to-ceiling window view of the Carnival Ecstasy docked in Miami.

20220217_081930.thumb.jpg.3cf909a73887cf9caa1231062602688d.jpg

Carnival Sensation was also docked in Miami, directly behind Carnival Ecstasy. It is sad to think that this was likely the last time I will see either of these ships. I never had the opportunity to sail on Sensation, but Ecstasy, like the other Fantasy class ships, still rank above the Conquest and now Sunshine class ships in terms of onboard experience in my book.

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, brilliantseas said:

One last trip to the Sunshine Restaurant for breakfast. I opted for an omelet and some bacon. 

After breakfast it was back to 9200 to grab our bags and take one last photo of our beautiful floor-to-ceiling window view of the Carnival Ecstasy docked in Miami.

Carnival Sensation was also docked in Miami, directly behind Carnival Ecstasy. It is sad to think that this was likely the last time I will see either of these ships. I never had the opportunity to sail on Sensation, but Ecstasy, like the other Fantasy class ships, still rank above the Conquest and now Sunshine class ships in terms of onboard experience in my book.

Having sailed on all the Fantasy ships I can feel your anguish. Aging ships and the expense of keeping them afloat, quite the expense. Loving your review.

6 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

20220217_065610.thumb.jpg.0ff46512a1531a91abb98ddecf70ffa3.jpg

20220217_080550.thumb.jpg.37b629254e78a56187b4d6832d3a5835.jpg

Debark morning was when I finally had a chance to try Guy's Burgers for breakfast (they had just closed for breakfast when I got there on Mardi Gras).   I was surprised to see they were open on debark morning but I wanted to kill some time...and the burger + 2 eggs was pretty good.   Then the lady came along and shoo'd us all down toward the gangway.  🙂  

6 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

So sad.  Sensation is going to the breakers, but I believe I saw where Ecstasy is being sold off...so she may live to sail a few more years for a different line.  

4 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Debark morning was when I finally had a chance to try Guy's Burgers for breakfast (they had just closed for breakfast when I got there on Mardi Gras).   I was surprised to see they were open on debark morning but I wanted to kill some time...and the burger + 2 eggs was pretty good.   Then the lady came along and shoo'd us all down toward the gangway.  🙂  

So sad.  Sensation is going to the breakers, but I believe I saw where Ecstasy is being sold off...so she may live to sail a few more years for a different line.  

My DDs and I will be sailing on Ecstasy May 28 out of Mobile, AL.  Looking forward to some chill time with my sweeties😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pellaz said:

It would make a great second ship for Margaritaville at Sea if they were to attempt itineraries beyond the 2-night Freeport sailings. Unfortunately, she is likely too large for said purpose, and without balconies, other ships from the late 90s and early 2000s are likely better suited for conversion. 

17 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

It would make a great second ship for Margaritaville at Sea if they were to attempt itineraries beyond the 2-night Freeport sailings. Unfortunately, she is likely too large for said purpose, and without balconies, other ships from the late 90s and early 2000s are likely better suited for conversion. 

I was thinking maybe someone like Bahamas Celebration Cruises could use another ship, but I'm not sure if they survived the pandemic.