Geographic North Pole on Le Commandant Charcot

jsea

There seems to be a dearth of reviews about this ship / itinerary. I realize it’s only done a couple sailings but if anyone can point me to a better resource I would be very appreciative. 

Our Seabourn Venture sailing was canceled so we are looking at Le Commandant Charcot’s itinerary to the North Pole. 

We are also wondering about timing of charter flights to / from Paris but realize that information is likely only available from Ponant. 

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice.

As mentioned there has only been a couple of cruises so far, with only 200 people on board I’d say less than a 1000 people have had the opportunity to sail on her.

there are two people here that will be on an upcoming sailing, so I’m sure they will provide us with lots of feedback.

in regards to charter flights, our experience when we went to Antarctica was they advised us less than two weeks out. It was a pain because we wanted to book hotels close to the support and as BA had two airports we couldn’t book anything till last minute.

The geographical North Pole cruise looks awesome, I’d love to do the north west passage on her  but it’s a little out of our budget, instead we will stick with the more affordable north east passage on Le Boreal.

It looks absolutely amazing and I believe it is probably the best polar ship out there at the moment.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, jsea said:

There seems to be a dearth of reviews about this ship / itinerary. I realize it’s only done a couple sailings but if anyone can point me to a better resource I would be very appreciative. 

Our Seabourn Venture sailing was canceled so we are looking at Le Commandant Charcot’s itinerary to the North Pole. 

We are also wondering about timing of charter flights to / from Paris but realize that information is likely only available from Ponant. 

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice.

Check out this review. It is in French, but I thought the Google Translate interpretation was very good.

https://nmjjm.blogspot.com/2022/01/cap-vers-le-grand-sud-lantarctique.html

• Like 1