Celebrity/Royal Caribbean Excursion: Scenic Antigua and Beach - need info on the "beach" part

Zhaan

If anyone has been on Celebrity's Scenic Antigua and Beach excursion I'm looking for information on the 90 minutes of beach time. I think Royal Caribbean has this same excursion so any feedback from anyone who has been on this excursion appreciated.

1. Is there shade at that beach? Doesn't have to be an umbrella, but just somewhere to get in the shade or under a tree.

2. Is there a restroom?

I saw on a closed thread about this excursion and speculation was that the beach may vary. 

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Zhaan said:

If anyone has been on Celebrity's Scenic Antigua and Beach excursion I'm looking for information on the 90 minutes of beach time. I think Royal Caribbean has this same excursion so any feedback from anyone who has been on this excursion appreciated.

1. Is there shade at that beach? Doesn't have to be an umbrella, but just somewhere to get in the shade or under a tree.

2. Is there a restroom?

I saw on a closed thread about this excursion and speculation was that the beach may vary. 

Thanks!

In the past, Turner’s beach was used, taking a sardine configuration to the far top right of the beach (sea behind one).  Umbrellas are available.  Food/Bar/Facilities on the beach.

An aside.

Some time ago RCL purchased a stretch of beach/land near Fort James to use as a beach trip.  Seem to remember they were considering renaming it to Royal Beach. This way all monies generated are RCL’s.  Don’t know if building work has been completed.

• Like 1

2/10/22

We were in that tour today. The 90 minute beach time was at Valley Church Beach. Very busy - we were three rows back. Beach chairs. Changing room and bathroom (didn’t use so can’t speak to those), bar. $10 umbrella. A few tables under trees in the shade. A bit steep down to the waters edge and another drop once you are in the water. Pretty location.

Edited by scrapcreator
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:39 PM, scrapcreator said:

2/10/22

We were in that tour today. The 90 minute beach time was at Valley Church Beach. Very busy - we were three rows back. Beach chairs. Changing room and bathroom (didn’t use so can’t speak to those), bar. $10 umbrella. A few tables under trees in the shade. A bit steep down to the waters edge and another drop once you are in the water. Pretty location.

VC used to be a nice place during the day, but T’erds and Babylon found it.

Remember with joy, spending an occasional day into evening at the far left bar owned by a past Miss Antigua (forgot her name).  Wonderful bbq, large pours and liming, all under an Antiguan night sky.  No pretensions, no status, just nice people, relaxed and enjoying each other’s company.  Sometimes Ivan used to drop by after visiting his Mother (she loved her church and parishioners)

Now?