Just off the NCL Dawn this morning!

linbobky

1 hour ago, scorpioncrawl said:

linbobky: So did you take a negative covid test with you? Did they ask for it? I'm only asking because we are ready to book a cruise in 2 weeks, and after reading NCL website and threads regarding testing, we were still a little confused. Called NCL agent 2 days ago and she stated we are required to get a covid test 2 days prior to sailing.

I'll try this reply again! I am booked on NCL Dawn on 02/27/2022. I received an email this morning that said that "all guests are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test, administered and paid for by the

cruise line, prior to boarding and receive a negative result. It also said that you must register for this test ahead of time and they were reminding me to do that. It said nothing about me obtaining a test prior to the one they provide at the port.

15 minutes ago, CryptoTim said:

I'll try this reply again! I am booked on NCL Dawn on 02/27/2022. I received an email this morning that said that "all guests are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test, administered and paid for by the

cruise line, prior to boarding and receive a negative result. It also said that you must register for this test ahead of time and they were reminding me to do that. It said nothing about me obtaining a test prior to the one they provide at the port.

If you take a supervised test 2-3 days before boarding and then test positive at the port then NCL will cover the expenses supposedly.

3 hours ago, scorpioncrawl said:

linbobky: So did you take a negative covid test with you? Did they ask for it? I'm only asking because we are ready to book a cruise in 2 weeks, and after reading NCL website and threads regarding testing, we were still a little confused. Called NCL agent 2 days ago and she stated we are required to get a covid test 2 days prior to sailing.

we did not get a covid test before we showed up at the port. the only test was at the port.

• Like 1

I believe that some people are confused by the information they read here because NCL has different requirements for different periods of time!

If you are cruising during February 2022, you will be tested by NCL at the port, just prior to embarkation!!!

If your cruise is scheduled March 1, 2022, or later (for now) you will need to get a "Third Party Verified" antigen or PCR test, no sooner than 2 days (USA) or 3 days (International) prior to embarkation day.

And more important than what I typed above, the information is subject to change (as are: Itineraries, Port Schedules, Availability of Services Onboard the ship, and so on!  Stay update for your cruise by reading your NCL documents, and all communications from NCL!!!

• Like 2

As it states, in the lastest Feb. 8, 2022 NCL news: At the time of check-in guests will be required to provide proof of a negative covid -19-antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party within 2 days prior boarding originating in a US Port. This is BEFORE 3/1/22. After March 1, 2022, one test only.

2 minutes ago, scorpioncrawl said:

As it states, in the lastest Feb. 8, 2022 NCL news: At the time of check-in guests will be required to provide proof of a negative covid -19-antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party within 2 days prior boarding originating in a US Port. This is BEFORE 3/1/22. After March 1, 2022, one test only.

Please provide this documentation, as their website states that cruises embarking prior to 3/1/22 has testing at the port. No mention of a previous test taken 2 days prior. Any test taken prior to arriving at the port, to my understanding, is strictly voluntary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lionkingrichard said:

If you take a supervised test 2-3 days before boarding and then test positive at the port then NCL will cover the expenses supposedly.

Not what the email I got said. I quoted exactly what the email said. "all guests will be tested at the port and it will be paid for by the cruise line. You will not be able to sail if you test positive. Seems easy to understand to me. I have read every piece of documentation and no where does it say I need to get tested prior to showing up at the port.

8 hours ago, scorpioncrawl said:

I read somewhere that that requirement was changed to 3/1/22

2 minutes ago, CryptoTim said:

I read somewhere that that requirement was changed to 3/1/22

It says as I just read the news article "Currently, all Norwegian Cruise Line sailings departing until February 28, 2022 include complimentary pierside antigen testing paid for by the cruise line.

13 hours ago, CryptoTim said:

Not what the email I got said. I quoted exactly what the email said. "all guests will be tested at the port and it will be paid for by the cruise line. You will not be able to sail if you test positive. Seems easy to understand to me. I have read every piece of documentation and no where does it say I need to get tested prior to showing up at the port.

Pre-Cruise and Onboard Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to take a COVID-19 test prior to arrival at the terminal?

Cruises with embarkation dates through February 28, 2022:
We strongly encourage all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their sail date as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 antigen test, prior to travel. Please note that many countries are now requiring this, and requirements vary based on guest nationality, so we strongly urge you to check the official website of the country you are flying with, connecting through, or sailing to before travelling in order to comply with their requirements.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:
At the time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party, via medically supervised home test (i.e. https://www.emed.com/) or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service (BioReference sends a qualified medical professional to you to conduct your test), within two days prior to boarding for cruises originating in a U.S. port and three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests must bring printed proof of negative test results. Test results need to be in English and include the following information:

• Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
  • Your date of birth
  • The result of the test
  • The date the test sample was collected
  • The name of the test provider
  • Confirmation of the type of test provided

If a guest is unable to provide proof of a negative result at the time of embarkation, testing will be available at the terminal at the guests' expense (cost may vary depending on the port and the vendor). If you booked a pre-cruise Cruisetour, please view additional FAQs.

Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen.

For guests that prefer to test prior to travel in the comfort of their home or while traveling, we have partnered with Inspired Diagnostics to provide FDA-approved, proctored, in-home antigen testing for our guests. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits takes just five simple, easy steps at: https://inspirediagnostics.com/ncl/.

Should you have any questions about Inspired Diagnostics’ in-home testing services, please visit https://inspirediagnostics.com/ncl/, call Inspired Diagnostics at 949-207-3315, or email info@inspirediagnostics.com. Please be certain to identify yourself as a guest of Norwegian Cruise Line.

To understand the earliest you should test prior to your cruise vacation, see below:
table-embark-US-NonUS.png

As a reminder, all guests are responsible for checking on travel restrictions and complying with all requirements. NCL recommends for all guests to follow, and where possible, sign up for notifications from their local government on international travel regulations that may prevent, restrict, or require additional documentation when traveling to another country for embarkation or during their cruise.

For additional information, please visit www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country.

Please note for cruises with embarkation dates through February 28, 2022: If a guest receives a positive COVID test at the pier testing at arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by their travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of their travel date. Guests who are unable to provide proof of a negative test taken within 96-hours of their travel date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance.

• Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of travel date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Pre-Cruise and Onboard Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to take a COVID-19 test prior to arrival at the terminal?

Cruises with embarkation dates through February 28, 2022:
We strongly encourage all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their sail date as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 antigen test, prior to travel. Please note that many countries are now requiring this, and requirements vary based on guest nationality, so we strongly urge you to check the official website of the country you are flying with, connecting through, or sailing to before travelling in order to comply with their requirements.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:
At the time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party, via medically supervised home test (i.e. https://www.emed.com/) or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service (BioReference sends a qualified medical professional to you to conduct your test), within two days prior to boarding for cruises originating in a U.S. port and three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests must bring printed proof of negative test results. Test results need to be in English and include the following information:

• Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
  • Your date of birth
  • The result of the test
  • The date the test sample was collected
  • The name of the test provider
  • Confirmation of the type of test provided

If a guest is unable to provide proof of a negative result at the time of embarkation, testing will be available at the terminal at the guests' expense (cost may vary depending on the port and the vendor). If you booked a pre-cruise Cruisetour, please view additional FAQs.

Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen.

For guests that prefer to test prior to travel in the comfort of their home or while traveling, we have partnered with Inspired Diagnostics to provide FDA-approved, proctored, in-home antigen testing for our guests. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits takes just five simple, easy steps at: https://inspirediagnostics.com/ncl/.

Should you have any questions about Inspired Diagnostics’ in-home testing services, please visit https://inspirediagnostics.com/ncl/, call Inspired Diagnostics at 949-207-3315, or email info@inspirediagnostics.com. Please be certain to identify yourself as a guest of Norwegian Cruise Line.

To understand the earliest you should test prior to your cruise vacation, see below:
table-embark-US-NonUS.png

As a reminder, all guests are responsible for checking on travel restrictions and complying with all requirements. NCL recommends for all guests to follow, and where possible, sign up for notifications from their local government on international travel regulations that may prevent, restrict, or require additional documentation when traveling to another country for embarkation or during their cruise.

For additional information, please visit www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country.

Please note for cruises with embarkation dates through February 28, 2022: If a guest receives a positive COVID test at the pier testing at arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by their travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of their travel date. Guests who are unable to provide proof of a negative test taken within 96-hours of their travel date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance.

• Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of travel date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.

We strongly encourage does not mean are required. After March 1 the rules do change and all guests will require a test up to 96 hours prior to boarding. I am sailing in February so I am not required to test before arriving at the pier. You have mixed everything together and made it more confusing then it already is. February is February and March is March.... different rules for each, even the mask rules change in March.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, ggTexasGal said:

I believe that some people are confused by the information they read here because NCL has different requirements for different periods of time!

If you are cruising during February 2022, you will be tested by NCL at the port, just prior to embarkation!!!

If your cruise is scheduled March 1, 2022, or later (for now) you will need to get a "Third Party Verified" antigen or PCR test, no sooner than 2 days (USA) or 3 days (International) prior to embarkation day.

And more important than what I typed above, the information is subject to change (as are: Itineraries, Port Schedules, Availability of Services Onboard the ship, and so on!  Stay update for your cruise by reading your NCL documents, and all communications from NCL!!!

Thank You! you are correct. Everyone needs to stick with what is required for their sailing only and not mix all the requirements into one pile.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CryptoTim said:

We strongly encourage does not mean are required. After March 1 the rules do change and all guests will require a test up to 96 hours prior to boarding. I am sailing in February so I am not required to test before arriving at the pier. You have mixed everything together and made it more confusing then it already is. February is February and March is March.... different rules for each, even the mask rules change in March.

I didn't mix anything together! Read NCL web site! Pasted Directly!

I posted before that if you want NCL to pay you back if YOU test positive at the dock then you must take a test 2-3 days before with a negative result!

You posted this: Not what the email I got said. I quoted exactly what the email said. "all guests will be tested at the port and it will be paid for by the cruise line. You will not be able to sail if you test positive. Seems easy to understand to me. I have read every piece of documentation and no where does it say I need to get tested prior to showing up at the port.

Again if you want your cruise fare paid back then test before cruise day. If they force you into a hotel for 5-10 days and you don't want to pay for it your self then get tested! If you don't want to pay for room service for 5-10 days then get tested!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

I didn't mix anything together! Read NCL web site! Pasted Directly!

I posted before that if you want NCL to pay you back if YOU test positive at the dock then you must take a test 2-3 days before with a negative result!

You posted this: Not what the email I got said. I quoted exactly what the email said. "all guests will be tested at the port and it will be paid for by the cruise line. You will not be able to sail if you test positive. Seems easy to understand to me. I have read every piece of documentation and no where does it say I need to get tested prior to showing up at the port.

Again if you want your cruise fare paid back then test before cruise day. If they force you into a hotel for 5-10 days and you don't want to pay for it your self then get tested! If you don't want to pay for room service for 5-10 days then get tested!

Actually, the 96 hr test is related to payment of quarantine  expenses, not the cruise fare.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Actually, the 96 hr test is related to payment of quarantine  expenses, not the cruise fare.

Read terms and conditions. Also read some reports here and in the news of people who did not get there money back. NCL is telling people to get it from insurance. No insurance, no money! Also go to insurance sites and read the comments on people who have filed claims. That's a fun read!