Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas 2/12 - Ask Us Your Questions

kvalenta

I am attempting to figure out Adventure Ocean with the Feb 2022 regulations...any information you have re: current reservation rules, masks for vaccinated children, hours allowed, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I understand that this is a constantly moving target, but I'm trying to prepare my kids' expectations for our Spring Break (early March) cruise. They obviously know that things have been different at school for years, but their cruise memories are of "come and go" kids club fun...I want to set appropriate expectations😆

17 hours ago, kvalenta said:

Hi there. It's been a great cruise. Sadly my time on CocoCay was cut short by a rather intense downpour that cut into my lunchtime (I wound up eating on the ship instead). Let me dig into this for you. If you didn't already know, there's a really good vegan menu as part of the included Main Dining menu onboard, as well as options Izumi (they can make vegan sushi). Stay tuned for an update.

Thank you for digging, that would be amazing. I did see the vegan MD options, didn't know Izumi had options too - I'm so excited. 🙂 

Hey Kyle. Thanks for the review. Hope to be on the MOTS next month.

Is Windjammers buffet open for dinner? 

I too would love to hear about the shows. Are any cancelled d/t staff out? 

In general entertaining?

Also would love to hear the estimate for number of passengers onboard. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 12:36 PM, trisha1165 said:

Hi Kyle! I sailed on Mariner 10/2018 and loved her - my DIL and I sail on her 4/28/22. I've become Vegan since that last cruise, and I'm interested to know what Vegan options will be available on Coco Cay as I haven't been able to find any info on that yet. You will have a blast on this cruise and I'm anxious to read all about it. 😄

I’m not vegan but I don’t like much meat and noticed there were not many tasty options for non meat eaters

On 2/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, FlatFooted Freda said:

Hey Kyle. Thanks for the review. Hope to be on the MOTS next month.

Is Windjammers buffet open for dinner? 

I too would love to hear about the shows. Are any cancelled d/t staff out? 

In general entertaining?

Also would love to hear the estimate for number of passengers onboard. 

Enjoy!

Hi there! Windjammer's is open for dinner, though the atmosphere in the main dining room was more vibrant for dinner (at least on my sailing). Definitely get seats for Ice Under the Big Top — the skating show — as reviews were incredibly enthusiastic. You will need reservations and it books up quickly. Two two song and dance shows were fine, though I'd say the game shows (Love & Marriage in particular) and anything hosted by Monica (trivia, karaoke, etc.) are all well worth your time. The hotel director told me we were around 60% capacity -- 1600+ pax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KMJennings said:

Do you happen to have any Cruise Compasses you can share?

I'm sorry, I didn't keep them. As it was my first cruise I didn't realize how, um, quickly you need to pull yourself together the morning of disembarkation. Oops!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:38 PM, MississippiMom said:

Thank you, Kyle, for taking the time to share your experience.

We are scheduled to cruise on Mariner in June - 5 nights to CocoCay & Labadee.  It will be our very first Royal Caribbean cruise, so I want know EVERYTHING 😊.

Hi there! Check out the Live From that I filed while on board during our second sea day. Let me know if there's anything you want me to help you out with! https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6772

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kvalenta said:

Hi there! Windjammer's is open for dinner, though the atmosphere in the main dining room was more vibrant for dinner (at least on my sailing). Definitely get seats for Ice Under the Big Top — the skating show — as reviews were incredibly enthusiastic. You will need reservations and it books up quickly. Two two song and dance shows were fine, though I'd say the game shows (Love & Marriage in particular) and anything hosted by Monica (trivia, karaoke, etc.) are all well worth your time. The hotel director told me we were around 60% capacity -- 1600+ pax.

Do they still do the Quest Game Show??? Its My FAV 🙂

Thanks Kyle for the opportunity to ask questions.    We are cruising on April 10th out of Port Canaveral. 

We have everything loaded on the RCCL App.

How early did you arrive before your scheduled check in time?

From the time you arrived, how long did it take to board the ship?

Where would you recommend we eat immediately after boarding?

Thanks in advance.

• LauraS unpinned this topic