Boarding time enforcement

Hotspring

17 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

About this...

I have always checked us in completely from the moment that we book, except our arrival time - we like the first one.  And we have that complete for our April cruise (before they shut down access beginning at 21 Days). So I have to complete it yet (the health and safety and photo, as well as CC) at the 21 day mark.

Questions for those that may have had experience since the restart:

1: Are we able to access at Midnight East coast time of the 21 day? or midnight your local time (im in the west coast...) SO our cruise is 4/22 - can I log on at 9:02pm 3/31 (or 4/1 - i will check both), and complete my check in? or would I have to wait until 12:01am?

2: Can we take a picture ahead of time and upload it or do we have to take it at that moment?

With the limits (at the moment anyway) of port arrival time slots, to stagger... I know this is the best shot I have of getting that first arrival time.

(yes, I know that we will be waiting, but our excitement is harder to deal with than waiting there. Once we get there it is no turning back, vacation has started. it is the same when we fly, we would rather get to the airport 2-3 hours before flight, than have to rush through security or run to the gate. there are plenty of facilities there for all major needs.  We get that we are the odd ones compared to a lot of people, but we would rather wait there, then let ANYTHING delay our vacation because we weren't on time - and we are actually leaving from our home port, so it is a 25 minute drive to the port for us)

Thank you for any insight you may have and can offer,

I don't know but I would be very surprised if it's time-zone specific.  With VPNs and such who really knows what your local time is nowadays?

I would not put too much effort into the photo.  I took one on the PC that the check in process accepted but they had to do another one when we physically checked in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I would not put too much effort into the photo.  I took one on the PC that the check in process accepted but they had to do another one when we physically checked in.

im just thinking about making sure I can complete my DH check in, especially if it is that midnight, slot and he is sleeping...because I spoil him...since I do everything for planning the vacation past the initial "where are we going? What are we doing?" decision, it is one of the last things I need to take care of!

58 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

im just thinking about making sure I can complete my DH check in, especially if it is that midnight, slot and he is sleeping...because I spoil him...since I do everything for planning the vacation past the initial "where are we going? What are we doing?" decision, it is one of the last things I need to take care of!

Do you need to complete the check-in to get your time slot?  Maybe you could do the photo step later.

3 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

As someone else mentioned, you can do your check-in at 12am EST. And I have my photo downloaded to my desktop and used the same one on the 4 cruises I have taken. 

One other thing that I learned last week on my Escape cruise...I always just have a screenshot of my boarding pass on my phone and no paper copy. Last week I somehow had accidently deleted the screen shot right before boarding.  I was still allowed into the check in area (after testing) and when I told the employee I didn't have it, she typed my name into her tablet and my photo popped up on the screen. So it was no big deal that I didn't have a boarding pass.  Not something I would recommend doing (I was in a small panic when I noticed it was gone) but at least know they do have a back up plan.

im obsessive about making sure everything is printed.  (usually 2 copies), organized into my folder in the order I will need them...but good to know that they do have a system, if I lose my printouts...and phone and ipad, and my DH loses his phone and ipad...and I would lose my head if it wasnt attached at the neck, so, we are good!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

im obsessive about making sure everything is printed.  (usually 2 copies), organized into my folder in the order I will need them...but good to know that they do have a system, if I lose my printouts...and phone and ipad, and my DH loses his phone and ipad...and I would lose my head if it wasnt attached at the neck, so, we are good!

On my last cruise I had all my paperwork in hand.  Got to check in and they just asked for my cabin # and went from there.  I didn't even have to give them the bar code for the covid test.

If you remember your cabin # they can find your information!

• Thanks 1