3 Night Dining Package

ChicagoCubsFan

I am on the Millennium in December and looking to book a 3 night dinner package.  My question is - Do I have to eat in the specialty restaurant on the first night?  When I go to book it, it asks me to pick a time for the first night.  Can I change it once I get

on board?

In our experience they always allocate the first nights dining when using the package. You then choose the other dates and venue. You should do this as soon as you board. We’ve never tried to change the first night venue but others may have. 

No you do not need to take the 1st night booking.  As soon as you board the ship head to one of the specialty restaurants and book all 3 of your dinner reservations.  Don’t wait until mid cruise as your choice of days & times will be very limited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

No you do not need to take the 1st night booking.  As soon as you board the ship head to one of the specialty restaurants and book all 3 of your dinner reservations.  Don’t wait until mid cruise as your choice of days & times will be very limited. 

Is it usually not difficult to get the times you want if you go as soon as you board the ship?  We're not super picky about times but would like some choice.  Just wondering if it's worth the discount to take the risk.  We ate at specialty restaurants 6/10 nights on our Reflection sailing last month.  With only 800 people on board, it wasn't bad at the beginning but by the end of the cruise, times were limited.

1 hour ago, D C said:

The 3-night package may not be worth it if you do specialty on the first night.  

I've found that the first night discount essentially is the same as the "3-night discount". 

Yes, for sure. We don't want to do a specialty restaurant the first night so wondering if we should just forfeit the savings for a  3 night package ($15) and book the nights we want before we get on the ship (we want to do Murano twice & Tuscan once).  

54 minutes ago, sunseeker551 said:

Yes, for sure. We don't want to do a specialty restaurant the first night so wondering if we should just forfeit the savings for a  3 night package ($15) and book the nights we want before we get on the ship (we want to do Murano twice & Tuscan once).  

If there is a particular day and time that you want to dine, then book it as soon as possible.  We have found that the prime times i.e. 7 pm can be difficult to book once onboard or, at times, even in advance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keesar said:

If there is a particular day and time that you want to dine, then book it as soon as possible.  We have found that the prime times i.e. 7 pm can be difficult to book once onboard or, at times, even in advance.

Thanks. I think that's what we'll do. The choices for specialty dining currently are: 6:00, 6:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 & 9:30.

5 hours ago, sunseeker551 said:

Ask the Murano host for a discount on the 2nd night after boarding. We've gotten a price as low as $30 for agreeing to come at 8:30p when the dinner rush is past and ship is in port late into the evening.

• Like 1