Maybe LIVE from Joy and maybe NOT

rxlowry

9 hours ago, rxlowry said:

He remembers and would like to get in touch.  Maybe through Facebook?

Absolutely!  Tell him that nanette is on Facebook!!  I vaguely remember that is email address was Jamesbong…but can’t remember the entire address😆

On 2/14/2022 at 3:55 PM, rxlowry said:

Boulevardier from last night before a great dinner in La Cucina.  The magic show was ok but I’m a tough critic with magic as the hubs has taken me to probably too many.  

AAF65E45-3D8D-4F69-AE2F-E1EF61F130EE.jpeg

is the magic show appropriate for children?  with the kids clubs closed I need to figure out what I am doing at night with them.  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, marci0914 said:

is the magic show appropriate for children?  with the kids clubs closed I need to figure out what I am doing at night with them.  Thanks!

It would be fine for children.  The acrobat couple last night had one part where a woman sits on a chair and the man dances around her.  It wasn’t bad it was cute/sexy/funny and more awkward for her than everyone watching.  I would bring a kid to that as well. Hope that helps. 

1 hour ago, rxlowry said:

It would be fine for children.  The acrobat couple last night had one part where a woman sits on a chair and the man dances around her.  It wasn’t bad it was cute/sexy/funny and more awkward for her than everyone watching.  I would bring a kid to that as well. Hope that helps. 

It does!  Thank you!

Had some lunch delivered to our lounge chairs on the haven sun deck.  I had read others say it was not available so we were pleasantly surprised.  Tempura was hot and crispy and falafel tasty.  Might not be a typical day in Cozumel but it definitely doesn’t suck.  Life is good on NCL Joy.  

29BF5DFC-AA83-4E6F-B510-D9EDA584040C.jpeg

90075915-AA21-4618-B295-B7926CB642E5.jpeg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

Had some lunch delivered to our lounge chairs on the haven sun deck.  I had read others say it was not available so we were pleasantly surprised.  Tempura was hot and crispy and falafel tasty.  Might not be a typical day in Cozumel but it definitely doesn’t suck.  Life is good on NCL Joy.  

29BF5DFC-AA83-4E6F-B510-D9EDA584040C.jpeg

90075915-AA21-4618-B295-B7926CB642E5.jpeg

is there a menu or did you just say "My heart desires..." 

The Haven sun deck has been a joy.  The ship was our destination and it has not disappointed us.  Yesterday we did the waterslides so today’s adventure will be virtual reality.  
I don’t think I would only cruise NCL in the haven.  If it is very port intensive like Europe the price would have to be a steal.  Alaska might be an exception because if the exclusive viewing areas.  

B00F317F-D64C-44CE-BBB8-72C77BCB94C8.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi, great review so far, thank you for taking the time! We will be sailing the end of May to Bermuda and I'm so glad to see Bong is still on board, hopefully he will still be there for our trip. We first met him on Bliss in 2019 and again on Encore 2020, spent a lot of time getting to know him, great person!

To either of the cruisers currently on the Joy -  could you look at this NCL Joy Bar check-off list that I created for use on our upcoming (2/26) cruise?   Specifically, I'm curious whether there actually is a Surf Bar on Deck 16.   NCL deck plan shows it at the port forward end of the pool deck (diagonally opposite the Waves Bar), but their literature/website has no mention of it.   (I also missed the Garden Cafe bar on my list, but ran out of room.)    By the way - did you have a favorite (bar or cocktail) on this cruise?  

Thanks!

NCL_Joy_bar_list.pdf

1 hour ago, DiscalC8 said:

To either of the cruisers currently on the Joy -  could you look at this NCL Joy Bar check-off list that I created for use on our upcoming (2/26) cruise?   Specifically, I'm curious whether there actually is a Surf Bar on Deck 16.   NCL deck plan shows it at the port forward end of the pool deck (diagonally opposite the Waves Bar), but their literature/website has no mention of it.   (I also missed the Garden Cafe bar on my list, but ran out of room.)    By the way - did you have a favorite (bar or cocktail) on this cruise?  

Thanks!

NCL_Joy_bar_list.pdf 166.63 kB · 12 downloads

Yes, I noticed that bar while we were watching the Superbowl on the pool deck.

Regarding drinks, we are not too adventurous.  Wine at dinner, beer and mudslides on the Haven sundeck and our balcony.

27 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Yes, I noticed that bar while we were watching the Superbowl on the pool deck.

Regarding drinks, we are not too adventurous.  Wine at dinner, beer and mudslides on the Haven sundeck and our balcony.

will they bring raspberry mojitos to you in the Haven lol, that is my favorite drink

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

will they bring raspberry mojitos to you in the Haven lol, that is my favorite drink

The Haven bar probably has the ingredients to make raspberry mojitos (they'd need the raspberry, the rest of the ingredients I'm sure they have). If they don't, but you tell them that raspberry mojitos are your favorite, I would be surprised if they don't make sure to get the ingredients from Sugarcanes for the rest of your cruise. This would also be something the concierge could help with.

• Thanks 1