Rate Our Corfu Plans

jslev9

My wife and I are sailing on the Carnival Pride's May 19, 2022 sailing and will be in Corfu on Monday, May 23 (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM). We're hemming and hawing about what to do and think we've settled on a plan but would love some feedback on it! As of now, we're thinking of doing a morning tour at the Governor's Olive Mill and then self-touring the Old Fortress / Corfu Town. Realizing this isn't a port we know much about, does this sound like a reasonable day in Corfu or is there something else we should be considering? 

19 minutes ago, jslev9 said:

My wife and I are sailing on the Carnival Pride's May 19, 2022 sailing and will be in Corfu on Monday, May 23 (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM). We're hemming and hawing about what to do and think we've settled on a plan but would love some feedback on it! As of now, we're thinking of doing a morning tour at the Governor's Olive Mill and then self-touring the Old Fortress / Corfu Town. Realizing this isn't a port we know much about, does this sound like a reasonable day in Corfu or is there something else we should be considering? 

There’s so much to do there it’s impossible to see it all anyway. I think that sounds like a good plan. Corfu was our favorite of the Greek islands. Corfu town is amazing and we didn’t even get to see the fortress. 

18 hours ago, jslev9 said:

I would visit the Achilleon  Palace and do some sightseeing,  perhaps beautiful Paleokastritsa and the monastery followed by lunch in town and time to wander there.  
or I would charter the Nautilus and swim and tour the island by boat.  
We’ve been to Corfu several times and have not visited the olive mill, hadn’t even heard of it.  

Edited by bennybear

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, bennybear said:

I would visit the Achilleon  Palace and do some sightseeing,  perhaps beautiful Paleokastritsa and the monastery followed by lunch in town and time to wander there.  
or I would charter the Nautilus and swim and tour the island by boat.  
We’ve been to Corfu several times and have not visited the olive mill, hadn’t even heard of it.  

How do you get to the Archilleon Palace?  Also, is the fortress worth checking out?

4 hours ago, Detroit Donna said:

How do you get to the Archilleon Palace?  Also, is the fortress worth checking out?

Obviously, the Archillion Palace is one of the highlights of Corfu.  Unfortunately, it is now closed.  I've e-mailed Ionnis Tsampodimos, the former director of Archillion three days  ago, and got the following reply: 

Thank you for your interest in visiting the Αchilleion Museum. We would like to inform you that the Palace is closed (palace, gardens) for the visitors from 11 November 2021 due to restoration works. We kindly inform you that we do not have yet the exact reopening date. Therefore we suggest you on due time to visit our official web site for any new updates, or to contact us at msachil@etasa.gr , or at +30 26610 56210. For your information the director of the palace museum is named Anastasios Diavatis.

We remain at your disposal for any further information or clarification you may need.

With kind regards,

Anastasia Aroni

Museum Achilleion

+30 26610 56210

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 4:40 AM, pdmlynek said:

Obviously, the Archillion Palace is one of the highlights of Corfu.  Unfortunately, it is now closed.

This explains why Celebrity cancelled our excursion that included Archillion Palace.  🙁  Thank you for sharing this information.  My DW and I are now scrambling to find alternative plans for Corfu.  Any ideas for guided tours would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...