Just Watched a Interesting Dance Between Island, Regal, and Sky Princess (Tenders) at FLL

GonzoWCS

Was looking at the Port Everglades Webcam today and noticed the Sky and the Regal in port and the Island anchored off shore.  I glanced over and noticed a tender heading through the pass.  I went to the Marine Traffic website (as the tenders should be using their transponders whilst in the water) and noted that Regal TB 14 was heading to the Island.  A few minutes later it returned and Regal TB 8 headed out and back to the Island.  Then much to my enjoyment saw yet another Tender head out and it was Sky TB 14.  What a dance and what was this about?

My guess is this might be the quarantine shuffle using the Island as the quarantine ship?  

What do the Princess CC "experts" have to say?

Cheers

34 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Was looking at the Port Everglades Webcam today and noticed the Sky and the Regal in port and the Island anchored off shore.  I glanced over and noticed a tender heading through the pass.  I went to the Marine Traffic website (as the tenders should be using their transponders whilst in the water) and noted that Regal TB 14 was heading to the Island.  A few minutes later it returned and Regal TB 8 headed out and back to the Island.  Then much to my enjoyment saw yet another Tender head out and it was Sky TB 14.  What a dance and what was this about?

My guess is this might be the quarantine shuffle using the Island as the quarantine ship?  

Cheers

Exactly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

Cheers

Princess is using the Island as a quarantine ship near Florida and the Crown near San Diego and LA.

Their past practice has been if they are using tenders from the Island or Crown they are usually taking positive crew into quarantine. 

If they are using tenders from the other ships they are usually picking up crew that have finished quarantine.

• Like 1