QM2 Dining

Addielove

3 hours ago, Addielove said:

I'm certain more questions to come.

FYI: There are "always available" selections but they're not printed on the menu (there is a printed list but it's only brought on request). I think perhaps they're intended to be a meal of last resort.

• Caesar Salad
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Grilled steak
  • Grilled chicken
  • Grilled salmon
  • Steamed vegetables

It's unusual that I order any of them - most often the Caesar salad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Underwatr said:

FYI: There are "always available" selections but they're not printed on the menu (there is a printed list but it's only brought on request). I think perhaps they're intended to be a meal of last resort.

• Caesar Salad
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Grilled steak
  • Grilled chicken
  • Grilled salmon
  • Steamed vegetables

Occasionally, and, apparently, randomly, these are printed in the daily programme.

17 hours ago, Addielove said:

Does anyone know if you can order more than one entree on the QM2?

You can also get extra helpings.  On a crossing, my English buddy liked the lamb chops and the liver (on different nights, to be clear).  Without much prompting, our waiter brought him a double-sized portion.  The only downside was the ribbing from the rest of the table.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:59 AM, Fairgarth said:

You can also get extra helpings.  On a crossing, my English buddy liked the lamb chops and the liver (on different nights, to be clear).  Without much prompting, our waiter brought him a double-sized portion.  The only downside was the ribbing from the rest of the table.

😂 Very well done.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:21 PM, Underwatr said:

• Caesar Salad
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Grilled steak
  • Grilled chicken
  • Grilled salmon
  • Steamed vegetables

Last November while making a transatlantic crossing a gentleman at my table in Britannia asked for a shrimp cocktail. The waiter was not sure if he could bring one out, so the waiter sheepishly replied I will have to ask my manager if I can serve you a shrimp cocktail. He did apparently ask, and one was indeed served. But it was clear in Britannia things are not what they once were!

Edited by Calliope
syntax

20 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Perhaps it was a matter of poor training of that waiter. I've never had a problem (although they're not what I'd expect of a shrimp cocktail).

I don't think poor training was the issue. As a matter of fact he was an excellent waiter in every respect. He even referred to the people in his charge by their surnames. That has only happened to me in the grills on the QE, and never in any of the restaurants on the QM2, except this once, and I have been in all of her restaurants over the years. And you are right the shrimp were not what one would expect in a quality shrimp cocktail.

9 hours ago, Calliope said:

I don't think poor training was the issue. As a matter of fact he was an excellent waiter in every respect. He even referred to the people in his charge by their surnames. That has only happened to me in the grills on the QE, and never in any of the restaurants on the QM2, except this once, and I have been in all of her restaurants over the years. And you are right the shrimp were not what one would expect in a quality shrimp cocktail.

Do be aware of the language difference here. A UK shrimp is much smaller than an American shrimp, which we would call a prawn. I've no idea what version Cunard use.