Formentor Beach

When I was younger I saw the movie Evil Under the Sun (an Agatha Christie based movie) came out and the film was from what I understand was Mallorca,   And some of the scenes at Formentor  Beach?    If I'm wrong please let me know,  but I would love to see the area where it was filmed.    I hope to be on a cruise that stops at Palma and would love to see some sights from filming if its reasonably possible.   Any suggestions?   Thanks so much.

6 hours ago, waiting2cruiseagain said:

When I was younger I saw the movie Evil Under the Sun (an Agatha Christie based movie) came out and the film was from what I understand was Mallorca,   And some of the scenes at Formentor  Beach?    If I'm wrong please let me know,  but I would love to see the area where it was filmed.    I hope to be on a cruise that stops at Palma and would love to see some sights from filming if its reasonably possible.   Any suggestions?   Thanks so much.

Hi , Yes Evil under the sun was filmed in Majorca  Here are the places :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083908/locations

Formentor beach is a long way from Palma and long way to go to see a beach!!

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/playa-de-formentor/

If you need any more info on these places let me know 

The Formentor peninsula has some pretty dramatic scenery. I've often driven up to the lighthouse at the end (as do many other tourists, so it can get quite busy). I've never been to the beach though. I'm only driving a few kilometres from where we stay (in the Pollensa area) but it would be quite a schlep from Palma (about a 75 minute drive, according to Google Maps). It's well worth a visit if you have time but, even with your interest in the film, I'm not convinced this is your best way of spending cruise ctop time on the island.

8 hours ago, Harters said:

That said, this day trip (or similar) to the northern part of the island may just be your solution, as it does include the beach. Generally, i reckon it could be quite a good day out.

https://www.viator.com/en-GB/tours/Mallorca/North-Of-Mallorca-Highlights-Guided-Day-Tour/d955-5420P21

I'm  afraid that you will find  this tour above only picks up from certain hotels and not cruise terminal Viator take guests to a cental point where they board a coach , 

18 hours ago, roger b said:

you will find  this tour above only picks up from certain hotels

Hence my mention to "or similar". Hopefully, the OP will see that all may not be lost and there is a possibility that s/he will get to the beach. As ever, Google is your friend.

Edited by Harters