What price to match

5waldos

Booked an 08 Ocean View cabin which was upgraded to an 07 with my Captain's Club benefit. There seems to be a price drop that I would like to claim. But do I match to the 08 or the 07 cabin? And do I match to bottom line after any promotions, or the actual "Cruise Fare"? Can I submit it online (looked at the form to email in and it doesn't allow me to fill out all the required information) or is it best to call in. New to this as I just lost my TA to health problems and it is a bit more complicated than I expected. 

12 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Booked an 08 Ocean View cabin which was upgraded to an 07 with my Captain's Club benefit. There seems to be a price drop that I would like to claim. But do I match to the 08 or the 07 cabin? And do I match to bottom line after any promotions, or the actual "Cruise Fare"? Can I submit it online (looked at the form to email in and it doesn't allow me to fill out all the required information) or is it best to call in. New to this as I just lost my TA to health problems and it is a bit more complicated than I expected. 

You match your cruise fare on the 

cabin you paid for.  Any OBC from your TA does not count.  Suggest you do a search on cruise critic.  If before final payment and booked through a TA they need to simply adjust your fare.  This is discussed in detail in several threads.  All promotions must be included

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

They will price match to the 08 but remember that if the fare you are comparing to the same benefits you have.    If you choose they may give you a better fare but you may loose some perks in the re-pricing.   

I recently did this and chose No Perks instead of the perks I had as I get most of them with my status.   They will usually point out that you are loosing perks if that is the case.

Well- I emailed the form after talking to an agent. The agent suggested that the website I was referencing put me in as a part of a group. But reading the Celebrity website information it only says that it must be available to the general public. Since I am a part of the general public, I would assume that this would work. And yes, it specifies that the price includes the Always Included perks. The price I found is a significant discount over my current fare. I submitted the 07 since the only 08 was GTY and I wasn't sure about how that would work but noted that information and said that the 08 was even cheaper. Since I am a newbee to Celebrity, and until recently had worked with a TA for years,  I will plead ignorance if they question this- my booking confirmation was 07. Would honestly be surprised if they honored this but worth a try. 

Good chance you will get it.   I recently did the same but for a new booking and either my Agent or Celebrity matched.    The price was a special promotion on an Airlines cruise booking site and was about $1,000 less.   My agent did say he couldn't add his normal OBC because of the special promotion but did add a nice little additional OBC.