The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

Don't think i posted NCL's response to our letter. 

Here's that. 

Seems like Gary letter 🙂could be organized into 

Land concierge 

Onboard concierge

Butler

With request anything with cost associated will be handled on ship.  Anything that can be handled on land appreciated. 

But dunno.  My Haven days are over unless we get super lucky with bid in May cruise on breakaway. 

No haven option for us to bid on in May. 

Kind of interesting article on NCL

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cruise-deals-industry-rebound/amp/

think haven tips going from $18.50 to $20.

https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-line-to-increase-gratuities-from-april/66917

Hello Jen and Kirk,

We will be more than happy to assist you. 
All entertainment has to be booked onboard as we are unable to pre-book entertainment at this time.
We would be happy to make dining reservations at Cagney's and La Cucina just let us know what times you would prefer. 
I have noted Jens big day, ask your Butler to assist with in suite dining and menu selections.
We have made sure all non complementary items have been removed from the refrigerator. Added a picture of iced tea that can be refilled as needed.
Have also added distilled water for C-Pap machine.
No worries about being disorganized your Butler will have you in shape in no time! 

At your service,

Norwegian Concierge Desk
P: +1 855-625-4283
NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com | www.ncl.com
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Screenshot_20220304_163529.jpg

Screenshot_20220304_163659.jpg

Screenshot_20220304_163716.jpg

Edited by Kirk2121

6 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

My next approach which I highly recommend is to go to a local pharmacy that does the test and sends you the results via Text or Email.  Then when NCL asks for your results, it shows; The type of test done, when it was done, the results.  BINGO.  All you need it a Iphone and you are good.

This is exactly the way I would prefer to fulfil the testing requirement.  My concern was the two-day-before-sailing envelope.  Back in December, where I live, there was some sort of rush.  The lines for testing at the local pharmacies were huge.  As I said, I really don't pay much attention to any of the hoopla involving COVID, so I don't know what prompted the demand for testing.  But I do know that getting an appointment to be tested was a matter of several days.  That made the idea of an at-home test more appealing.

However, since seeing your post, I attempted to schedule an appointment for a COVID test at the pharmacy nearest me.  I found I was able to schedule one for the same day, so whatever was causing the surge in testing three months ago is no longer a factor.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 5:23 PM, nattie said:

Thank you everyone for keeping me excited about our upcoming Haven experience! 

I have emailed NCL concierge and have received PDFs of the Haven menus. Attaching them here in case anyone needs them! Pics paint way better picture though, thank you Kirk2121!Haven Breakfast Menu.pdfHaven Pool Menu.pdfHaven Lunch Menu.pdfHaven Dinner Menu.pdf

I wish I had known there was a pool menu when I went. We would have totally tried the falafel. Hope the next time it's there. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2022 at 12:23 AM, magoo1980 said:

After getting our upgrade to Haven, I just had to make these shirts! Crafting the night before vacation is one way to exhaust oneself. For anyone on the 3/6 Breakaway, keep an eye out for these shirts 😀

E8C3E3BA-6267-4FB2-AE4B-1BCB8BBBC2C9.jpeg

227A815F-AB43-4937-B600-0D8E02FFA329.jpeg

Cricut?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

I wish I had known there was a pool menu when I went. We would have totally tried the falafel. Hope the next time it's there. 

I ate the falafel every day for lunch- it was absolutely delicious! 

• Like 4

What are our thoughts on upgrading from the included beverage package to premium plus? It looks like it would be an additional $585 for hubby and I for the 7 night cruise (so about $80ish per day). My understanding is that any beverages over $15, we would pay the difference + 20%. We like nice wines, but as long as they are available by the glass, we don't need them by the bottle. Based on what is available in The Haven restaurant and lounge, did you make up that difference? Are there nicer wine options by the glass?  We would need to order at least 4 $35/glass wines *every* day between hubby and I to make up the difference, or at least a couple of cappuccinos and 4 $25/glass.

Or would that be better spent on a drink package for our teenagers? Online, I am able to find upgrades for my husband and I, but not how to upgrade them to a drink package (they are under 18, so no alcohol).  Thinking about virgin pina coladas and daiquiris.  Appreciate your feedback and experiences. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, vinotinto said:

What are our thoughts on upgrading from the included beverage package to premium plus? It looks like it would be an additional $585 for hubby and I for the 7 night cruise (so about $80ish per day). My understanding is that any beverages over $15, we would pay the difference + 20%. We like nice wines, but as long as they are available by the glass, we don't need them by the bottle. Based on what is available in The Haven restaurant and lounge, did you make up that difference? Are there nicer wine options by the glass?  We would need to order at least 4 $35/glass wines *every* day between hubby and I to make up the difference, or at least a couple of cappuccinos and 4 $25/glass.

Or would that be better spent on a drink package for our teenagers? Online, I am able to find upgrades for my husband and I, but not how to upgrade them to a drink package (they are under 18, so no alcohol).  Thinking about virgin pina coladas and daiquiris.  Appreciate your feedback and experiences. Thank you!

There is already a current thread that will address almost all of your questions-"Why NCL Premium Plus adult beverage package" currently on page 2 -if this helps?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Acruzaholic said:

There is already a current thread that will address almost all of your questions-"Why NCL Premium Plus adult beverage package" currently on page 2 -if this helps?

Yes, I'm going through that thread and there is a lot of good info - thank you! Hoping someone has some recent experiences with what is available by the glass at The Haven restaurant and Lounge and whether Premium Plus makes sense at The Haven or simply paying the difference. 

I'm sailing in the Haven on the Encore in a couple of weeks and am super excited at the thought of being able to request food and drinks to be brought to you while lounging on the Haven sun deck. 

Is this common or should I taper my expectations? Are there frequent roaming servers that can bring food and drinks?

44 minutes ago, 3bamboo said:

I'm sailing in the Haven on the Encore in a couple of weeks and am super excited at the thought of being able to request food and drinks to be brought to you while lounging on the Haven sun deck. 

Is this common or should I taper my expectations? Are there frequent roaming servers that can bring food and drinks?

We were on the Escape, so it may not apply, but there were at least two servers who roamed around the Haven sun deck every day taking drink and food orders. The snack menu was not extensive, but we found it perfect for lunch and always delicious.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 3bamboo said:

Drinks yes. 

The pool menu is afternoon. Irr.  Just ask for a menu or ask butler hours of pool menu.  

Our menu had a chicken sandwich instead of mahi mahi reuben so sad 🙂 :).  Just had some cheese its out of vending machine.  Reuben sounds GOOD!  Almost home waiting for $100 uber ride to go back to $45.

9 hours ago, 3bamboo said:

@3bambooI think the way you phased your, you just want to know what is the acceptable thing to do.  That type of question is the most frequently asked in the Haven.  My goal is to answer with a focus on your intent and with advice based on I I actually did.  

Drinks: There are always servers moving around the Haven Courtyard and especially the Haven Sundeck.  Find one, make friends.  Even consider providing a small tip.  This should handle your drinking needs.  Remember, when in your cabin, if you every order an adult beverage, you will be charged regardless of your drink program. So, find the closes bar and order two before you go back to your suite. The Owners Suite is the only one with Waters, Soda's and a few bottles of spirits.  

Food:  Before we go on a cruise, we dream about eating outside on our personal balcony.  Or having a nice dinner in our suite.  On both of these situations, your butler will by your main contact.  Remember to tell your butler not to bring you foods from the Room Service Menu.  You want your orders from the Haven Restaurant so order from that menu (As long as the Haven Restaurant is open).  Do this once for fun and to live the memory.  My wife and I have found out it is much nicer just to go to the restaurant and the food is always hotter. 

When you are in the Haven Courtyard and the Sundeck on the Encore, there are very few table for a formal type of meal.  I would suggest simply ordering from the bar menu or if you want a sandwich call your Butler, tell them where you are and have them bring it to you.  It would be uncomfortable to have to eat a proper lunch or breakfast in those areas.

Now everything I shared has come from my personal experience and not everyone sees things the way I do.  Never be shy to ask for anything you want or need.  All someone can say is "NO".  Don't not happen that often.

Cruise well.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, nattie said:

Thank you everyone for keeping me excited about our upcoming Haven experience! 

I have emailed NCL concierge and have received PDFs of the Haven menus. Attaching them here in case anyone needs them! Pics paint way better picture though, thank you Kirk2121!Haven Breakfast Menu.pdfHaven Pool Menu.pdfHaven Lunch Menu.pdfHaven Dinner Menu.pdf

I'm on information overload with this thread (all appreciated though!) ....

The Haven menus - do we pay for this food, or it's complimentary as being in the Haven? 

These menus are for at the Haven restaurant, yes?  Can we order from the Haven restaurant menu to have it delivered to the room for free, or no?

Same thing with the Haven Pool menu - order from while at pool - free?

10 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

The Haven menus - do we pay for this food, or it's complimentary as being in the Haven? 

Complimentary from the Haven Restuarant!

11 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

These menus are for at the Haven restaurant, yes?  Can we order from the Haven restaurant menu to have it delivered to the room for free, or no?

Yes, ask your butler and give them a head up.  Haven has no room service charges because your butler is your room serves person. Tell your butler you want all room service from Haven (Haven Menu) unless the Haven is not open yet.  That is good advice.

12 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Same thing with the Haven Pool menu - order from while at pool - free?

You will have a wireless phone in your Haven Suite, call the butler.  Sometimes the servers in the Haven will accommodate you.  No charge but tips are appreciated. 

Cruise well.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Complimentary from the Haven Restuarant!

Yes, ask your butler and give them a head up.  Haven has no room service charges because your butler is your room serves person. Tell your butler you want all room service from Haven (Haven Menu) unless the Haven is not open yet.  That is good advice.

You will have a wireless phone in your Haven Suite, call the butler.  Sometimes the servers in the Haven will accommodate you.  No charge but tips are appreciated. 

Cruise well.

Thanks, @Sthrngary!

On 3/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

I'm sure it will be great! i just hate dumping stuff I don't use and always feel embarrassed when something goes to waste. 

Last time when I was on the Bliss, I left my Platinum bottle of sparkling wine and the moscato I got with my platinum dinner unopened in my room, with a note to my room steward that these bottles were for him, along with the additional tip I left him.  Do you think NCL lets crew accept these gifts if they are written out, was always curious. 

What we did was give the bottle(s) to our butler (or other staff members)  before we disembarked. We were told that they have to throw away anything remaining in the cabin.

• Like 1

Disappointing 1st contact with NCL concierge for pre-cruise selections an hour ago.  First NCL cruise and first Haven experience upcoming on Encore April 10, 2022 from Miami.  Great suggestions through this thread.  We are booked in the larger two bedroom Haven family suite with an upgrade pending for the owners suite.  The concierge pre-cruise could only: 1) remove the for-purchase items from the suite, 2) make specialty dining reservations, and 3) add extra pillows. Having cruise in top suites on RCL and other luxury lines, had what I thought were reasonable expectations for NCL Haven experience. What a let down. Considering cancelling our Haven cruise next January.  The complete conversation was a bummer.  For example, in Haven family suite (party of 6), butler will supply only two bottles of water per day.  Pre-planning is an attractive perk of the top suites across most if not all cruise lines.  NCL seems to have used the pandemic to cut corners on the most profitable segment of the cruise. The answer today was go wait in line at the onboard concierge. Call me,

disappointed.

• Like 1