Everglades Tour w/ MIA Airport Transfer Excursion

NanoGirl21

I am booked for the Everglades Tour w/ MIA Airport Transfer excursion since our flight isn’t until 7 PM. The description says that Carnival will hold our luggage. Can someone please explain the process for this and help with a few other questions that I have? This is my first cruise and i'm traveling with a senior so I'm trying to be prepared to make things as easy as possible for both of us.

I am assuming we will place most of our large luggage outside our stateroom at night and keep one suitcase for last minute items like PJ’s and toiletries. Will we be able to carry this last bag off ourselves and still have Carnival hold it during the Everglades Tour, correct?

I am assuming the larger luggage will go under the bus, but what about backpacks and tote bags? We don’t want to haul these around all day during the Everglades Tour since they can get heavy. Is there a safe place on top of the bus to keep these types of bags during the excursion? Any recommendations on how to handle heavier backpacks and totes that are not placed under the bus?

Is the bus usually mixed with FLL Airport transfers? There is separate excursion that mentions FLL Airport transfer on the Website, but there is a small fear that out luggage will get mixed up.

Carnival does not check your bags for you at the Airport, correct? We will get our own bags off the bus and proceed as normal, correct?

If you have done this excursion, what time did you arrive back to MIA Airport?

Will we have time to enjoy one last breakfast in the main dining room? Going all day without a real meal is a concern since the senior I am traveling with takes morning medicine that requires a meal.

Is there anything else that we need to know about the Everglades Tour w/ MIA Airport Transfer excursion?

Thank you!

You get off the ship as normal. You grab your luggage and go thru customs and immigration.

You go outside and find the bus that your excursion is associated with. Your luggage will be placed under the bus. If you want to hold on to a backpack, you can.

Everybody on that bus is doing the same excursion and going to the same airport.

The bus stays at the excursion point.

You do the excursion, then everybody boards the same bus.

The bus makes several stops at the airport depending on the airline you need.

**** Make sure you have all of YOUR luggage before the driver drives away*****

Will you have time for one last breakfast? I don't know. What time is your excursion?   How can you go all day without a meal? Airports have restaurants these days. You'll be at the airport by 1 or 2PM.  You've got 5 hours to find something to eat.

• 3 weeks later...

We did it a few years back, but to Fort Lauderdale airport. It was a good excursion, nice  to have something to do while waiting for the plane. We were to the airport around 1:00 though, if I remember correctly. Our flight was around 5:30 so still a bit of a wait. I like the excursion, did the air boat ride thing, saw lot of gators. Definitely would do it again.