PCR testing in Alaska for summer 2022 sailings from Whittier

tampamom

I have been following the PCR testing conversations here and on the HAL and other sites.  I have not seen a discussion if HAL will provide tests on their pre cruise land packages for guests or establishing a testing site at the Whittier terminal.  My family will DIY a land tour before departing Whittier so at this time plan to use a HAL approved virtual test with Radeas or Optum or Emed as I'm not sure where best to find local CVS or WAG pcr testing as we travel about.  Any thoughts?

I'm not sure why you specify PCR test?  Isn't the Rapid Antigen test acceptable as well--it is for cruises out of other U.S. ports, and that's what eMed monitored rapid antigen tests are. . . I know this doesn't exactly answer your question.  Check to see if Alaska has CVS locations, just google CVS Covid Testing, enter the Anchorage zip code, or wherever you will be two days before, and see if they have a location there and that gives the Rapid Antigen test; PCR takes too long to get results in my recent experience.  Or take the tests you order from eMed or other medically-monitored rapid antigen tests that give fast results.  I'd be prepared with the eMed (or other supplier) tests you can do yourself if needed using the computer or smartphone so that you are indeed prepared.

At February 4, there are no expiration-of-testing dates listed for vaccinations and testing that I've found.  This is copied from HAL web site:

Updated February 4, 2022

Until further notice, these are the requirements for our cruise guests on sailings from the U.S.:

Vaccines and Testing: All guests must be fully vaccinated and produce a negative viral COVID-19 (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation.

Masks: All guests, regardless of age, must always wear face masks in elevators and in all indoor areas of the ship, except when eating or drinking or in their staterooms. 

Edited by 12cruise2