Spirit heading to Alaska!

tybrkr17

I was booked on the Carnival Freedom for Alaska in May and just got the email about the ship change to the Spirit! Now we know where the Spirit is heading to after Jacksonville! I had the Spirit booked for Alaska in 2020 before it all shut down. So excited for this change, it was meant to be! 

I am so upset by this.  Yes I believe it is Splendor, that is what my email said.  I have been to Sitka and really loved it but I was so excited to go on the train in Skagway!  I don't know anything about Icy Point but I guess I will go and learn.  

We also loved the Freedom!  uggg.......

Edited by Jamran77

1 hour ago, Jamran77 said:

I am so upset by this.  Yes I believe it is Splendor, that is what my email said.  I have been to Sitka and really loved it but I was so excited to go on the train in Skagway!  I don't know anything about Icy Point but I guess I will go and learn.  

We also loved the Freedom!  uggg.......

well Icy point is run by the locals and they do have a VERY GOOD gift shop.

also have a nice walk to a small town and lots of Eagles and whales to look at.

Here is an Eagle from my 2019 Ovation of the Seas trips on a walk

P5160196.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b8nkr said:

I think you mean the Splendour. I just received the news as well. Not happy. They also deleted Skagway and replaced it with Icy Strait Point or Sitka.

The email I got said Splendor, Twitter says Spirit. Maybe a tag team?

Carnival Cruise Line Announces New Deployment Plans through October; Entire Fleet Sailing from U.S. this Summer – Carnival Cruise Line News.pdf

4 hours ago, b8nkr said:

I think you mean the Splendour. I just received the news as well. Not happy. They also deleted Skagway and replaced it with Icy Strait Point or Sitka.

The Splendor is also coming to Alaska as well(third ship added) but the Spirit is taking over my sailing (May 3-10)

Spirit and Splendor are sailing from Seattle this summer and Miracle is sailing to Alaska from San Fran. 

Yeah, my Sept. Panama Cruise got switched from Freedom to Spirit. My August 2 Alaska cruise switched from Freedom to Splendor. It is so much smaller than Freedom. I had a balcony in a good location. So anxious to see where they put us!  Fine by me. But Freedom is a ship I have never sailed so disappointed on that front. 

38 minutes ago, MizMoon said:

My e-mail says Spirit and my booking on Freedom is gone.  Hope for more and clearer news soon - Egad!  

Well, they said to keep our powder dry and not call. That it should all be sorted out by March 1.  Both are now gone from my list of booked cruises.  Rolling with the punches.  Just glad they are not cancelled. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MizMoon said:

And here we are.......  18 days to go!  Of course, it has all worked out - slight room location change, same ports/different days, OBC still there - I'm Good To Go!  

We've (The wife and I)have never been on the Splendor. BUT we did sail on the Spirit to Alaska in June 2010. Seattle, Tracey's Arm (inside passage), Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, then a 4 hour stopover in Victoria, B.C. Canda (didn't even get off the ship) then back to Seattle. But we did love the Spirit. Hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise !

Mac 

• Like 1

SmoothFlying - thanks!  I have been on Splendor (MX Riviera) and maybe on Spirit, before.  Had booked some excursions I hadn't done previously - but now I'm gonna be spontaneous (depending on how the knees are doing that day) - I did keep the Duck Boat Tour in Ketchikan!  Booked this Feb 15, 2021 - easy flights, short cruise, smaller ship, Guy's Burgers (I can be shallow!), and faith that we all could be cruising again.  Last (for now) cruise was NCL Epic Transatlantic four years ago, right now - It's Time.  I am confident and comfortable about this Ship and this Cruise.  Hope you have travel plans in the works - it really is a lot of the fun.  Thanks again for your comment - 🍔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MizMoon said:

Hope you have travel plans in the works - it really is a lot of the fun.  Thanks again for your comment -

Thanks, so much for those very kind words.😀 We did the Mardi gras last Sept, sorta a grand salute to my very first cruise on the Mardi Gras in1987. My wife and I, and my sister will be behind you with a 10 day alaska cruise in later this summer. I say hopefully because she  has problems with both knees and cannot walk without a wheeled walker She's convinced she's just a constant annoyance and a burden to us. No matter how many times we assure her NOTHING could be further from the truth, she has stated several times she'd just not go, so we could not be bothered with her. My sis has never been to Alaska and we want her to see the breath taking beauty. My wife has decided we all (against my wishes, I might add) will fly in the day of and I've explained to her over and over all the risk, but it falls on deaf ears, I'm afraid. Wish us luck ! 

Once again, thanks for your warm words and most all, Happy cruising !!

Mac

• Like 1

Hey - I did the old Mardi Gras and the Carla C back in the day - still like my cruising.  Hope your sister decides to join you - Alaska is beautiful from the Lido Deck, too.  ps:  I've got a 7am non-stop from Reno to Seattle on same day with 11am transfer to ship.  Not worried for 4pm sailing - 🚢

On 4/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, MizMoon said:

Hey - I did the old Mardi Gras and the Carla C back in the day - still like my cruising.  Hope your sister decides to join you - Alaska is beautiful from the Lido Deck, too.  ps:  I've got a 7am non-stop from Reno to Seattle on same day with 11am transfer to ship.  Not worried for 4pm sailing - 🚢

Here's hoping she decides to come too. I feel deep down inside we;ll be alright doing a fly in on the same day. IF something out of our control i.e. flight delay or cancelled due to bad weather, res computer failure, whatever, happens, we'll just say, 'Well, it just wasn't meant to happen'. But it will probably be our last attempt to cruise due to health problems. I envy kids who still have  twenty. thirty years left to cruise. Sighhhhh....

MAC

On 4/17/2022 at 11:52 AM, scorpioncrawl said:

Those of you on Alaska cruise, Splendor, or any other ship on Canival with Victoria B.C. Canada as a port, did you have to use the Arrivecan App for that port? Those are saying we need to do this to be able to port there, even if not exiting the ship???

Scorpion..... I'm checking in tomorrow - have not seen anything like that, yet.  I had lined up a Pedi-Cab around the Port area for the Victoria time - leaning now towards not getting off ship.  Four hours in late evening - I don't know.  

MAC - Hope we all have many more years to cruise - as long as I can figure it out and I'm able to sit up and take nourishment.....  I have 3 more on deposit.  

2 minutes ago, MizMoon said:

MAC - Hope we all have many more years to cruise - as long as I can figure it out and I'm able to sit up and take nourishment.....  I have 3 more on deposit.  

LOLLLLLLLLLLL !!' Good for YOU !!😀 I'll go you one better ! I told my wife a few years ago that after I've departed for that great cruise port in the next world I'd LOVE for her and my sister to take my ashes on a seven day Carnival Caribbean cruise, with one of the stops being Grand Cayman and place me there. I can't think of a more beautiful final resting place than those beautiful clear waters. Besides, it was there, twenty eight years ago, on Seven Mile Beach, I proposed to her. It'd sorta be like we'd completed a perfect circle. Beside, over decades of good times and bad,  she and my sister have become more than relatives, closer than most sisters (IMHO). They would be there for each other and I'd rest knowing each were taking care of each other.

Mac

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 11:52 AM, scorpioncrawl said:

Those of you on Alaska cruise, Splendor, or any other ship on Canival with Victoria B.C. Canada as a port, did you have to use the Arrivecan App for that port? Those are saying we need to do this to be able to port there, even if not exiting the ship???

I'm checked in - no Arrivecan App, yet - maybe on the ship or maybe on the Hub?  I don't do Smart Phone, so did not download any apps - - we shall see - thanks for the tip and heads-up.  

• Like 1