AAAAmerican

What is your favorite line?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite line?

• Holland America/ Carnival /Princess /Cunard
    • Celebrity/Royal Carribean
    • Crystal
    • Other

1.) Do youall ask the firm at its HQ about things wanted/needed?

I always do an Internet check than call cruise line for cabin availability on a preselected cabin of choice. Get cruise line to put a hold on it than call TA to make final arrangements. I basically do the preselection work for our TA and leave the rest up to her to do. And she does it well.

2.) Has anyone else noticed service has not really improved with the cost basis going up to pay for all the new ships?

No, we have just started sailing since 2001 and service has for the most part been consistently good.

3.) WHich is your favorite line? ( now so many more to choose from)

We basically have 2 favorite cruise lines. They are the Delta Queen Steamboat Company and Holland American.

However, we do really enjoy the low military rates of Carnival. Just wish the rest of the Carnival family followed their lead in low cost military rates.

4.) Your favorite room and why?

We like the lowest balcony deck just above the life boats because we enjoy sitting out on the balcony and watching and listenig to the waves going by the vessel. The closer to the water the better we can hear the water. We can spend all day out there. That also is our favorite location after dinner. We have yet to go to the nightly entertainment. We can get that at home. But cannot get at home the sound and sight of the waves going past the vessel.

5.) Which was your favorite voyage and why?

Our first cruise ever was on the Delta Queen and thus far has been our favorite simply because it was as a special gift to the wife after she finished her last chemo from a rare form of cancer. By the way she did not like wearing a wig so she cruised totally bald.

1. Occasionally. Have done it once with HAL and they were very helpful... Once with another line (who shall remain nameless - but outside the Carnival "family") and they were totally unhelfpul. (We wound up cancelling the cruise.)

2. Maybe on some lines, but I think HAL have done a very good job of keeping standards up. The service we had on our last HAL cruise (this past August) was as good as I have seen on any cruise line. Maybe it was not as good as it would have been in 1960 but honestly I wasn't around then so I couldn't tell you!

3. HAL, of course!

4. One of the Q3 cabins on One Deck on QE2. Not that I've ever had one myself, just looked in friends'.

5. QE2, Southampton to NYC. There's nothing like a line voyage across the Atlantic on a classic 20th century liner. Pity HAL stopped doing these in 1971, before I was even born!

Archived